“A JEWEL IN TOOTING BEC - LONDON”
Review of Meza

Meza
Ranked #2,514 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The restaurant sits directly across the road from an abandoned house laden with a discarded mattress and other thrown out furniture; the scene as far removed as one can imagine from the West End - Mayfair. But don't let the location mislead you. You are not going to walk into this restaurant without having made a reservation well in advance. Based upon other reviews, my wife and I had to try this place even though it would take us about 40 minutes by car to get here. We were not disappointed. Our reservations were at 7 pm and when we arrived, the place was full to capacity except for our table for two. The restaurant is quite small and the kitchen which is visible to everyone is very tiny and it was amazing to see how 5-7 people could work together in such as very small area. The service was very efficient and professional. In fact, when the waitress took our order, she recommended that we should cancel at least one item since she believed that what we had ordered was going to be too much for just the two of us - and she was 100% correct! Even after canceling the one item; my wife and I found it difficult to finish everything we had ordered. The food was well prepared and absolutely mouth watering delicious! For such a fantastic meal out; the cost was very very reasonable. Please note that this restaurant only accepts cash but there is a M&S quick service store about 30 meters from the restaurant that has a cash point. This restaurant definitely has my HIGHEST recommendations as we will definitely be returning!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

You're going to struggle to get a table on a Friday or Saturday night, but there's a reason for that!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just visiting and came across this little resturant which is very small very delightful and great food. We had a takeaway of lamb pasties and potatoes so tasty and great price. The menu is so varied and so much to choose from, we will be back

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Yummy, the food here is fabulous, but you'll need to book. Great atmosphere, with the food being cooked in front of you. Tiny, just a few tables and a couple of chairs at the small serving bar. I cannot sing the praises of this jewel of a restaurant highly enough. Don't worry if you can only book a table for an hour or so, just book and go! Lebanese food at its unpretentious best. Great wine try the young Chateau Musar for a treat. I cannot wait to get back.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I were taken to lunch here by our great friends. No I must say our friends really know their food, they have dined at some of the capitals best restaurants.... and they have been raving about this place since they discovered it shortly after it opened. So our time came to head to the depths of the Northern line to join them for lunch. WOW! what a lovely experience, really fantastic service, greeted with hand shakes and smiles all round and prompt attentive service. Now the grub...just fantastic. Truly wonderful. Aubergines to knock your socks off and the Chicken livers....well, stuff of dreams! Okra in a rich tomato stew, mmmm, The Sea Bass was delicious and perfectly cooked & seasoned, the rice was to die for, really different and vibrant.
Check the Lebanese Red wine, very good drinking.
Can't recommend highly enough a real winner. Go.