“great little place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meza

Meza
Reserve with OpenTable
Meza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,515 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“great little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I were taken to lunch here by our great friends. No I must say our friends really know their food, they have dined at some of the capitals best restaurants.... and they have been raving about this place since they discovered it shortly after it opened. So our time came to head to the depths of the Northern line to join them for lunch. WOW! what a lovely experience, really fantastic service, greeted with hand shakes and smiles all round and prompt attentive service. Now the grub...just fantastic. Truly wonderful. Aubergines to knock your socks off and the Chicken livers....well, stuff of dreams! Okra in a rich tomato stew, mmmm, The Sea Bass was delicious and perfectly cooked & seasoned, the rice was to die for, really different and vibrant.
Check the Lebanese Red wine, very good drinking.
Can't recommend highly enough a real winner. Go.

• Visited June 2014

LONDON
“The best chicken livers -worth going to Tooting!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This tiny restaurant is friendly and cosy and serves THE most delicious food in a very small space from an even smaller kitchen! Not great for an intimate supper a deux- more a sociable supper or lunch-.its almost like eating at the owners kitchen table.the staff are welcoming and cheerful -and I believe with notice you can rent the whole place out for one party -which would be great.now the food-Lebanese influence -tabbouleh ,spicy sausage,amazing chicken livers with pomegranate molasses -tender tasty griddled chicken -and a whole lot more.great value and well worth visiting Tooting for -very close to the tube! Mint tea and honey polenta cake to finish .10 out of 10-oh-and they do take away!!!

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Worst costumer service I've had in a long time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

At first glimps this place looks authentic and interesting, but within the first 5 minutes my friend an I realised it was far from it. The service was appalling the staff were rude and made us feel uncomforbable, we thought we'd stay as the menu looked good, then shortly realised that most of the food was probably frozen and reheated as it was served in less then 10 minutes and was quite soggy and inconsistently heated. When I paid the bill, (which was rudely placed on our table) the waitress took my money and presumed the rest was tip. Wouldn't go back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ElizabethBinks
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

After reading the great reviews of this place I decided to give it a go. I wasn't disappointed. We ate here at around 5:30pm on a weekday - it was quiet then, but if you're thinking of dining later, or on weekends, I'd recommend booking a table as it fills up very quickly and space is limited!

The food itself is excellent value for London. We ordered four dishes between us, with drinks, and the total bill came to less than £30, probably one of the cheapest meals I've had in a while. And it was delicious! The servings are super generous (I was very full by the end) and incredibly tasty - I'd particularly recommend the chicken skewers and the falafel. The (very pleasant) staff also gave us some cake to try at the end, on the house.

I have been to a couple of Lebanese restaurants in London and this is by far the nicest. I plan on going back in the future, but I would definitely recommend booking as it's proven to be very popular - with good reason.

North East
“An excellent discovery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

While staying with a friend in Tooting (to visit Chelsea Flower Show, which was fabulous). We decided to try out this restaurant , needed to book for the Sunday night . An absolute delight we had seven vegetarian dishes of which all were very good however the Tabbouleh and the Bemieh were particularly note worthy. We enjoyed the food so much we then called for a take away Meza on the Tuesday night . Again we mixed a number of Vegetarian options and again thoroughly enjoyed the food .
Having read other reviews about the service , can only say we were looked after really well on both visits .
When back in Tooting will certainly eat here again.

1 Thank Darlotwo