“Booking stories are true, food is great”
Review of Meza

Meza
Ranked #1,084 of 24,420 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What you may have read about the booking "system" is true, we had booked a table for four a few weeks out and were called back about a week before we were due to go and told there had been a mistake and they would need to sit us at the bar or go for an earlier (5:30/6pm) or later (9pm) table. We decided against it as the bar area is pretty cramped and booked to come back as a couple a week or so later. This time it was much better, they even called to confirm our reservation on the day.
The restaurant is tiny so you can't really avoid being near the door, however, as most tables come at the same time there's not much opening and closing going on.
We found the service to be friendly and helpful with the waiter guiding us through how much to order and what kind of things to expect. The food was universally delicious, there are almost as many people in the kitchen as can be seated in the restaraunt so it's no surprise. The wine was robust to say the least but it went well with everything we had. The dishes are simple, very fresh and lovely.
Overall it's a great little place, not bad value, very friendly and the food is super: Fresh, simple and immaculately prepared. Just beware of the dreaded booking system.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

i would agree with the earlier comment on the booking. i booked a table two months in advance for my wifes 50th birthday. When i phoned up to confirm, they had moved the time to an earlier slot so they could accomadate a "bigger" booking. They didnt bother to let me know nor return any of my calls!! so much for good service. needless to say that my wife was devastated.

3  Thank Vanda E
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been going to Meza since it's early days, we normally go for the meze menu rather than the mains and are never disappointed. from the spicy to the sublime everything is prepared in the small kitchen behind the bar...the quality of the food speaks for itself, I have never eaten such delicious Lebanese food in any other restaurant (when I have been elsewhere in London I am always comparing it to Meza, which wins hands down).

There are very few seats so you should book ahead of time as it is always full, even at lunchtimes midweek.

Service is very friendly, you feel welcome....a must if you are planning any time in the area, in fact I have put off writing this review as I feel like keeping this place a secret !

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Tiny little restaurant, but it's popularity is testament to how good it is. We just went for a selection of different foods, lots of little plates of different things that everyone shared.

Not a great deal of meat in the starters (just some lovely spicy sausages), but to be honest it was all so tasty we barely noticed, and there was more meat in the "main course" selection of dishes.

My girlfriend, who has lived in Lebanon, confirmed that the food was utterly authentic with what she'd had while out there. They also serve nice genuine Lebanese beer and wine.

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent , I love coming here every month.
Ticks every box 4 me food , service, value & atmosphere . My fav is the baby chicken & moutabal & okra
9/10.