“A Little Gem”
Review of Meza

Meza
Reserve with OpenTable
Meza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,862 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This tiny restaurant has to be one of the best Lebanese restaurants in London. We have been several times, never order anything specific, but just ask them to "bring it on" until we're full. The food and service superb - every time! Because it is so small, it is a bit cramped, but not so that you don't enjoy the food. However, it is always packed, so don't turn up without reserving a table! If, for any reason, you arrive a bit too early for your table, try a drink at "Honey & Venom", a very nice bar - same street, No. 14.

1 Thank Dodynic

London
“as good as everyone says”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

There are dozens of Lebanese and similar restaurants in London but this one is so, so good, and so much better than many. Lovely staff, despite incredibly cramped quarters for them (though perfectly comfortable for the diners). It's really great, and I'm thrilled to live nearby as they are open all day from 1pm...

3 Thank zaza107
“Amezeing!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've been to this place loads of times, and have always been really impressed. The owner and his team are really friendly. And they seem to charge as little as possible! I had everything on the menu and it is all really tasty. They usually have a couple of specials too, last time I went it was Sea Bass which was cooked to perfection.
As a Tooting local it is so refreshing to have a great alternative to the many outstanding
Asian restaurants in our vicinity. The one thing a serious foodie might have an issue with is that there is no wine list. Personally I love the Lebanese wines they do offer, and I guess the reason for no wine list is a lack of storage space. It is a true little gem.

1 Thank Kevinjhann
Windsor, United Kingdom
“The ideal local restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having visited Meza before, my girlfriend booked a table for both of us on a Saturday night (when booking is essential!). However in the afternoon we received a phone call to say that there had been a double booking and we couldn’t go after all. We were very disappointed at first but were pleasantly surprised when they later texted us to offer us a free meal next time we visited. So on Saturday we took them up on the offer.

The restaurant is very small, with the kitchen and dining area fitting into the space of an average open-plan living room. However the temperature was pleasant, the atmosphere lively (but not noisy) and the smells fantastic! We were given a complementary bottle of Lebanese red (delicious!) while we looked at the menu, eventually ordering 1 main course and 6 smaller plates.

The food soon started arriving and I’m happy to say it was all outstanding. I’ve never been a fan of hummus, but Meza’s homemade hummus with flatbread might have converted me. Standout highlights were the halloumi bread, chilli and garlic lamb sausages and the beautifully cooked marinated chicken. My only regret was ordering the pickles, which although excellent were served as a surprisingly generous portion!

We finished the meal very satisfied and my girlfriend tried hard to let us pay them for the meal but they insisted it was on the house after the mix up the previous week. The owners are so friendly and couldn’t have handled the situation better. Most larger restaurants could learn a lot from how they operate. For the quality of the food, the price and standard of service Meza is firmly in the “hidden gem” category.

• Visited September 2012
“Local gem”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Finally tried the much talked about Meza in Tooting Bec on Sunday evening. We'd heard so much about it, mainly that it was impossible to get a table so we felt very lucky to have got in at all. The restaurant is tiny - 5 tables at most - so it has a cosy, front-room feel to it. The staff were very welcoming, the manager and the chef seem to know everyone and the place felt as if it was full of locals which makes for a lovely atmosphere. We had a selection of dishes to start and our own main dishes to follow. Starters were delicious - spicy lamb sausages (and plenty of them), delicious humous and warm flatbread, little spinach pastries and a fabulous stew of mixed vegetables. All good so far. To follow, my Dad had spicy lamb kebabs which were delicious and I had a slight case of food envy. My Mum and I had a chicken kebab - huge, juicy chunks of chicken served with salad and garlic mayonnaise, too much for us to finish. To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed by my main course as it didn't really wow but it was tasty and plentiful. We didn't have room for more but I followed with delicious peppermint tea and traditional coffee which was excellent. The meal was incredibly good value, when the bill came we were surprised that they hadn't charged us for our coffee or tea. We tipped well, but even then it was great value. Definitely a place to return to.

• Visited September 2012