“Impossible to love it more than I do.”
Review of Walkabout Shepherds Bush - CLOSED

Walkabout Shepherds Bush
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Shepherds Bush Walkabout is a 1200 capacity Australian themed sports bar, it is a popular music and live sports venue located in Shepherds Bush, London. It is part of a chain of Antipodean themed bars located throughout the United Kingdom, that specializes in music and sports from Australia and New Zealand, and caters to expatriates from those nations by providing food and beverages sourced from both countries. On Australian and New Zealand national holidays, big sporting events such as the Australian Football League grand final, and memorial days such as Anzac Day the Shepherds Bush Walkabout becomes very busy. The live music is usually a mixture of up and coming local acts, and cover bands that play Australian and New Zealand classic songs and contemporary popular music. It is seen by locals as the place where you let your hair down and party the night away, It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from everyone can have a great time here, A great night out where you can meet new people from all over the world including our resident Aussie and Kiwi bar staff and spend the day or night with laid back people just wanting to have a good time.
Reviewed December 20, 2011

SheBu (as it's affectionately known to the cool folk) is the best.

The Sunday night session is a can't miss in London for those of you who like to party hard and aren't afraid to get a little bit dirty. Good music, incredible atmosphere.

I've experienced many of the highlights of my life within that splendidly located venue. I even fell in love once! I've also ruined a fair few pairs of shoes drudging through the booze-covered floor (I suppose that could be turn off for some of you...) but that's a small price to pay for the amazing memories.

As a restaurant, Walkabout doesn't disappoint either. I first tried kangaroo in the form of one of their burgers and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Only thing, I would not suggest you go there if you have anything against Aussies, Kiwis or Saffas. The place is kinda riddled with 'em.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Shepherds Bush Walkabout is not just for the ex-pats of Oceania, although if you are feeling a little homesick this is the place to be. The atmosphere is incredibly friendly and good times are guaranteed every day of the week. The meals are cheap, delicious and will taste like Australia in your mouth! The beers are always flowing and can be made 20% cheaper with a Boomerang card (a very wise investment)

Everywhere you look there is a plasma TV. One of the best places for watching live sport in London and if you cant see a TV you are either vertically challenged or are staring at the ceiling from a few too many snakebites. Sunday sessions are compulsory and are a crazy fun way to end the weekend!

Its the beers and fun friendly atmosphere that will be bring us back to spend Christmas day here with mates and a Roast Dinner. Can not wait!!

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I was with the tour group 'the Fanatics' and after our tour they dropped us off outside Walkabout Shepards Bush at about 3pm on a Sunday afternoon. I had never been before and had my suitcase with me but was STARVING after a huge bus ride from Leeds so we decided to check it out.
I must admit going to an 'Australian' pub in England with a huge group of Australians.. we thought it would be awful

On the menu was a cheap steak and chips meal - exactly what I needed!!
After 1 pint we decided we really enjoyed the atmosphere, put our luggage into the cloak room and decided to purchase the 'Boomerang' card (even though this was our first time there) which gives a discount off food and most drinks - basically the same as having happy hour 24/7.

The pub slowly started to fill up at the afternoon progessed into night. Alot of people came from 'The Church' (a club nearby) all dressed up. The tables were moved to allow for dancing!

We all had a great time and stayed til close which was around 11pm and caught the last tube home to the other side of London.

We had a great night and will definitly be back!

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Everytime I go there I have a brilliant time. Lovely staff, great atmosphere and cheap drink. What more can you ask for?

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Having recently moved back to the UK after nearly seven years living and working in the backpacking tourism scene in Oz, I found myself suitably out of place in some of Londons more pretentious "trendy bars"

Having spent a lot of time in the likes of "the gaff" in Sydney, "DUB" in Brisvegas, cheeky Monkeys in Byron and the one and only Woolshed in Cairns...the minute I strolled into Walky I knew I was at home....Sunday Sessions....cheap Vodka Redbulls....drunken people in fancy dress...good sport playing on the screens and bloody awesome friendly bar staff and Aussie beer....what more can you ask!

If you want to go to a place, which is not only fun,relaxed, reasonably priced and more importantly welcoming and un judgemental...then give it a go!...nuff said!