“Perfect! ”
Review of Luna Nuova

Luna Nuova
Reserve with OpenTable
Luna Nuova is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #201 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect! ”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Came here last night to celebrate my 21st birthday meal with family. Immediately we were greeted by the most amazing waitress who bought over a complimentary glass of prosecco and a birthday card signed by all the staff. The table was decorated with 21 table confetti, the staff were amazing, lovely atmosphere, not too pricey and food was perfect! Definitely coming back ASAP!

2 Thank Daisy S

• Indonesian first
Sheffield
“Average!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were visiting London for a short trip, and were spoilt for choice on where to go on our first night, flicking through TripAdvisor we decided on Luna Nuova based on the great reviews and it being rated in the top 25 restaurants.

The setting was lovely, very intimate and cute and the gentleman that served us was nice. The food however was nothing special!

I had the herb crusted lamb which was basically a small bit of lamb with rectangle carrots and roasted potatoes, a standard sunday lunch back home! My boyfriend had Steak which he said was nice, but just nice! I was really surprised and disappointed at how average the food was.

Would I return? Probably not, which is a shame as the setting was lovely.

2 Thank JJDP321
Epsom, United Kingdom
“There is nothing you can fault!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Was taken here by my boyfriend for my birthday and from the moment we stepped in the restaurant we were treated like royalty. Being the first time we have ever eaten here I was amazed. Prossecco on the house on arrival was a lovely touch followed by friendly and caring service that was just the right amount of attentive but not in your face.

We ordered 3 small sharing plates to start with were Zucchini Fritte, Spiedini di Pollo and Chorizo. All were perfectly cooked! I then had one of the specials of the day - Lobster Linguine which was cooked with cherry tomatoes, basil and garlic and my boyfriend had a steak served with grilled chicory and potatoes. Again, both were perfectly cooked. I could even go as far as saying it was the best pasta i have even eaten, and I'm normal not partial to a tomato based sauce. We then went on to order desserts which included home made tiramisu, key lime pie and a selection of ice creams. All were served on a sharing plate so we could try a bit of everything.

I spent most of the night in awe of the place, the decor is just right, nothing fancy or extravagant. Just simple and elegant. The waiting staff wandered from table to table treating both first timers and regulars to the same service which is a real testament to them. I can see why people would continue to go back time and time again. The atmosphere in the restaurant was spot on, not to loud but loud enough that you could easily chat away without feeling like people could listen in.

The bill came to £73.50 (which included 2 more glasses of prossecco and 3 beers). Desserts were also given on the house as a birthday treat and then we were also offered complimentary after dinner drinks and both choose to go for limoncello. We left the biggest tip we ever have in a restaurant because for once it was well deserved.

We will definitely be returning to Luna Nuova again, even though it is quite out of the way for us to get to. It is 100% worth it. Many thanks for to the whole team for making the evening so special!

2 Thank AGL_1992
Cary, North Carolina, USA
“perfect service and attention to detail”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I found the restaurant via tripadvisor, looking for a good place to celebrate my wife's birthday while we were in London. Trying to be a good husband, I contacted the restaurant after booking to see whether I could pay for having something with a candle on it for her birthday, to which they promptly replied that they will take care of it.

And take care of it they did!!!

I have rarely felt this special in a restaurant -- and never at a place where this was my first visit and the pricing isn't exorbitant. Upon arriving our waiter heard our name when we notified the girl upfront of our reservation, and his face lit up and he ran to us with a rose in hand for my wife. It made us feel very very special and started the evening perfectly.

We sat down and were greated to a bit of champagne on the house and had wonderful, attentive, and caring wait staff. Just perfect. We loved all the food and wine we had, and at the end of the night received a big plate of desserts with a candle on a cake. Just perfect. We also had some Baileys on the house to round up a perfect dining experience.

Percentage wise, we probably left the biggest tip we've ever left, but anything else would've been inappropriate given the quality of the food, the service, and all the food and drink we received that didn't end up on the bill.

A perfect dinner experience combining great service, food, and ambience.

1 Thank vogel77
London, United Kingdom
“A must in Fulham”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I came here with a friend on Monday 30th June for supper after work and was blown away by how amazing this place was. We arrived and were greeted by very friendly staff, who took us through the whole menu and specials board. Whilst we were decided we were given olives, bread and dipping oil on the house which was lovely. The kitchens had also just prepared some potato croquettes, so the head waiter gave us some to try as a little extra, incredible!

We ordered three starters to share - the zucchini frittes, spiedini di pollo and burrata which were all really lovely, especially the burrata which we were advised to order. Seriously, if you've never had it please order it! For mains we had lamb and a sausage and mushroom pasta which were both perfectly cooked and yummy. Pudding was a tiramisu for my friend, and I had a semifreddo with amaretti biscuits which was so lovely. We shared a bottle of the house red and at the end of the meal we were offered a complimentary digestivo, so we chose to have limoncello. The bill only came to £68 for all this, which was exceptional for the quality of food (everything was home made, fresh and good quality ingredients).

Overall the food was lovely, the service wonderful and just a great ambiance. We're already planning our next meal here!

• Visited June 2014