“What a very, very pleasant surprise”
Review of Luna Nuova

Luna Nuova
Reserve with OpenTable
Luna Nuova is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I saw that this local restaurant was rated in the top twenty in London and thought it was a bit unlikely. I suspected a manipulation of Tripadvisor reviews that is evident in another restaurant that is in the top 20.. However, as we were attending an event very nearby it seemed worth giving it a try..

The service is absolutely brilliant, friendly without being obsequious.. So thanks to Lulu, Henry and the waitress who was actually off-duty but had come down to eat that night and highly recommended the ravioli special. They put a smile on our face before we began eating

We had courgette fritti (absolutely brilliant) and grilled calamari (nicely seasoned, but average) to start. This was followed by the special of aubergine and smoked cheese ravioli (fantastically fresh and delicious) with roasted vegetables and a caprese salad (all excellent).. We both had a couple of glasses of good wine, My husband had a delightful homemade tiramisu and then coffees alongside the offer of a free limoncello. At this point, we discussed what grading to give it between very good and excellent and agreed that it would depend on the final bill. We were amazed that it came to £50 for a three-course meal with wine..An absolute steal..

We are already planning future visits.. This restaurant certainly does not have the decadent ambience of most of the restaurants in the top twenty, but if you are after high-quality food, fantastic service and good value for money it definitely works and I am delighted that it is reasonably close to my home. Will definitely return.

2  Thank JoyceBlake

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friends and I spent the weekend in London and I was given the job of finding somewhere " nice" for dinner. No easy task as one of our friends is an extremely fussy eater. You know the sort. Thinks mussels are hand delivered from the moon by Beelzebub.

It could have had disaster written all over it but I came across reviews of this restaurant and as it was fairly close to our hotel made an online booking.

I have to say that from the minute we walked in, the staff could not have done more to make our evening as enjoyable as possible. We had a mixture of tapas to start, and i had the homemade pasta with sausage and red onion recommended by the waitress. It sounded fab when she described it but it tasted even better!! The food had a very authentic feel and the atmosphere was warm with a nice lively buzz about the place.

The weekend was a bit of a treat for us so we didn't set ourselves a budget for dinner, but we were shocked at the bill when it arrived. (In a good way I hasten to add).

A top night was had by all, especially me as I got all the credit for finding the place. A proper gem which I cannot wait to visit again

1  Thank K4Karen
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant after reading the reviews on here and ill admit that I was slightly dubious as to whether it would deserve such a high placing within Londons elite restaurants. I can see why it is so highly scored as it is just impossible to not give it 5 in nearly every category. This is a genuine Italian so if you want carbonara and a fake bolognaise then look elsewhere. 5 courses, homemade pasta, meat dishes, Italian deserts, all cooked and served as they should be. The service is ridiculously friendly and I dare you not to fall in love with your waitress, they're smiles and attitude are just infectiously positive. I had a selection of antipastis, olives, bruschetta, etc, followed by special pasta of the day, pappardelle in a mushroom and sausage sauce, Italian meat mixed grill and tiramisu. Litterally could not pick fault with any aspect of the meal and each course was cooked fantastically. Blindfolded, you could be in any amazing Italian worldwide, it's that good. Just simple Italian food cooked to perfection, it's not difficult to do and it makes you wonder why this standard can't be reproduced across the country, this is a benchmark. Every neighbourhood wants a local Italian like this, I'm gutted I don't live closer. Lives up to all the high ratings...

4  Thank Jon K
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything was just like i was told it would be ! the service , food , ambiance and the beautiful music was everything we needed for having a great time and a great meal !
Thank you for the lovely time!

2  Thank Inna87
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I selected this restaurant for our party of four and was a bit nervous after the 20 min tube ride. WOW...was it worth it Ludovica (Lulu) was our server and took care of us from the moment we walked in the door. She provided suggestions, made sure we had everything we needed including Lemoncello at the end of our meal. The food was delicious, I highly recommend the sausage pasta...really just do what Lulu says, she will not steer you wrong! Definitely make this a stop on your visit to London!

3  Thank TravelWith0utKids