“Great food”

Queens British Steak House and Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Queens British Grill in Wanstead, London is a true British Steakhouse, our steaks are all rare breed, 28 days hung, as well as offering gourmet food and delicious desserts for all tastes in a warm and welcoming environment. We offer market-fresh fish, vegetarian options, a generous choice of sides and mouth-watering Sunday roasts. The restaurant holds 40 covers comfortably and is also suitable for groups and occasions.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just spent a lovely evening at Queens, you get what you pay for, the steak was perfect! I have been to Barbecoa ( Jamie Olivers) in St. Paul's and Queens outshone them!!!! Wasn't cheap but top quality food and wine so all well worth the money. The service was great, friendly staff, gave us good alternative when something wasn't available. Had a realllybniceevening so must use this restaurant more.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited Queens Steak House and Grill on a Sunday with friends for a lovely meal. The interior is well decorated with a mix of tudor beams and contemporary artwork, modern tables and chairs. I had a tomato and roasted red pepper soup to start that was very tasty and served with a warm fresh roll. I also had the pan-fried Scottish salmon fillet with thick hand-cut chips and hollandaise sauce. The fish was excellent; the texture of the salmon was just right. For dessert I chose the lemon posset which was creamy, tangy and served with a fruit compote. Service was very good and the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly.

Bruno M, Owner at Queens British Steak House and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, we are all glad you had a great meal with us! We take our customers comments very seriously, which enable us to always improve our standards, and since we are UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT, it counts even more! We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future. Regards. The Management Team.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently visited with a few friends and had a fabulous evening. We arrived at 8pm to a full and atmospheric restaurant and we're immediately excited for the evening ahead.

We were greeted promptly with a smile and a very warm welcome and shown to our table, offered an aperitif and told about the evenings specials. After leaving us to decide the waitress returned, made some great recommendations for the food and accompanying wine. Although professional the staff were all very friendly and created a great atmosphere throughout the restaurant.

Between us we sampled several different steaks and almost all the side dishes - the food was the best I have had in the area and the best steak I have ever eaten! Although I felt it was slightly expensive as I read through the menu when the food arrived I had no issues with the price. The meat quality was fantastic, perfectly seasoned and was more than worth the price!

Speaking with the staff I found out the restaurant has just changed hands and it sound's like the owner has some great ideas - they mentioned lots of events they are planning for the near future including a Jazz evening.

I will definitely be returning soon and recommending to all my friends!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a great meal my husband who loves steak really enjoyed his meal. Myself a fish lover had the seabass which was a v large portion compared to other restaurants. Scallops for starters where great service was good as I asked for my scallops with no bacon and they happily served how I wanted.
Great value for money compared to many London restaurants. Def will be paying another visit and telling my friends to go.
Was informed that it has just been taken over by new management .

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hugely overpriced average food poor service they didn't have the beer on the menu nor the wine on the menu the bill for,four for lunch was £160 for pub food at restaurant prices my birthday treat for the family. Like a lot of local eating places pretentious prices for average food. Really disappointed remember this as a good pub with decent food at reasonable prices am local wont return.

2  Thank George F