“Very highly recommended”

Neighborhood: Chelsea
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Very highly recommended”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Not in any particular order:
* The food is excellent and very well presented.
* The restaurant is spotlessly clean and a really lovely atmosphere.
* The staff are a joy and were so very helpful and attentive.
* The management are really such lovely people.
* And you can park in Sydney Street after 6.30pm without payment or permit.

Please don't hesitate to visit Cavallino. It was a lovely evening and we plan to be back very soon.

• Visited February 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Great Service - average food.”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The food we had in Cavallino was just no frill Italian food. Service is really good, I was given my drinks straight after I sat down, food come out quite quickly.

In term of food, we had set menu, the calamari wasn't that great, and my pasta is a little bit too creamy, but it's still good. For main, I will recommend NOT to order the steak. It looks more like skirt steak, quite thin, I found it quite small. My partner ordered meatball pasta, and that was good. So, all in all food itself is quite average.

• Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Indulgent Italian”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Having found Cavallino via a Google search for top restaurants in Chelsea we can certainly agree with all the other positive reviews mentioned.
The restaurant was not very busy on the night we went but I have no doubt that the staff would still be as welcoming and attentive had the place been full.
The decor and presentation of food was first class and only added to the delicious food!!
The delicate parcels of gnocchi I had for main were absolutely mouthwatering and I could have happily eaten another plate full!
I would definately go back and would not hesitate to recommend Cavallino to friends.

• Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“A place for a special occasion”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Last night my girlfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary and we wanted to go somewhere special. I had heard about Cavallino on Twitter and through a number of friends who had been. They said that it was one of the best Italians they had ever experienced in London. It was therefore a very easy choice to make.

When we arrived, we were given the choice of a number of two seated tables, which i thought was a nice touch as it allowed us to feel as comfortable as possible. We ordered a glass of champagne each to start off. I'm not usually a fan of champagne, but the one we had (the Pommery Brut Royal) was actually really nice, and made for a nice start to the meal.

Under the recommendation of the waiter, we ordered a bottle of the Cannonau, a Sardinian red with an incredible nose that is smooth and buttery.

For our starter, I had the crab salad and my girlfriend had the Calamari. The Calamari was incredibly tender and was complimented with what i believe was a beautiful Tatare sauce. My crab salad, which was beautifully presented was equally delicious and I will definitely be having it next time I go.

For our main course i had the Lamb shank with polenta and baby onions and my girlfriend had the Plaice, again under the recommendation of the chef. Both dishes were again superb. The Cannonau wine went beautifully with the Lamb and the plaice just melted in the mouth.

For dessert, we had the chocolate mousse and the Panna cotta. While the mousse was nice, i felt slightly upset I had not chosen the Panna Cotta, as it was quite easily the best i have ever tasted! Just amazing and a must if you go to Cavallino

The service throughout the night was attentive, but without being intrusive, a perfect balance I feel. The waiters were more than happy to give recommendations and were spot on each time they did.

It was the perfect way to spend out anniversary and it kept us talking for the rest of the night. I will be certainly be back in the near future.

• Visited December 2011
london
“nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

italian restaurant with very nice atmosphere and reasonable food.

• Visited November 2011