“One of the Best Indian Meals Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Roots at N1 - CLOSED

Roots at N1
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A venture of 3 professionals from The Ritz London, Benares Mayfair & The Oberoi New Delhi
reading, berkshire, UK
“One of the Best Indian Meals Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked Roots for my husband's birthday and we had a really enjoyable meal - it is not your usual Indian menu - it is much more refined - my husband had the soft shell crab and I ate the lamb chops - both were delicious. For mains I chose the butter chicken which was flavourful but subtle I really enjoyed it and my husband chose the lamb shank which melted in your mouth. Each dish comes with a wine recommendation all of which were very complimentary. The service was excellent too. The restaurant is in a quiet residential area of Angel but is well worth seeking out - you don't get groups of people just popping in for a chicken tikka masala. If you are in the area I would definitely book at this lovely intimate restaurant - oh and another thing they DO NOT add service charges which I really appreciated as I find in London now they add service charges in nearly every restaurant - I prefer to tip on the service that I have received and I would tip these guys as their service was second to none.

1 Thank blueandwhitehoops
Roots N, Guest Relations Manager at Roots at N1, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear blueandwhitehoops,

Thank you for choosing and dining with us.

It is great to hear you chose your husband's birthday to dine with us. The team is delighted that we made your evening a memorable one.

Look forward to seeing with us sometime again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
“Stellar food, impeccable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I ate here based on Tripadvisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. At first he was not so keen on Indian, but after our drinks and appetizers arrived, he was sold.

We started off with the signature cocktail, an apple martini with clove-infused vodka. It was smooth, spicy, and delicious. Then we had the soft shell crab and tilapia appetizers. The crab was so good I didn't want to share it.

For mains we had butter chicken and venison with sauce and lentils. The meat was perfectly cooked--succulent and moist and melt in your mouth good. It is definitely not standard Indian fare.

The staff were very attentive and helpful, and we loved that each meal had a wine pairing. The restaurant itself is lovely and intimate.

This is one of the best meals we've ever had, and we would easily recommend it to anyone who asked!

Dear Erika C,

Thank you for choosing and dining with us.

The team is delighted to hear you enjoyed the evening with us and liked the food and drinks.Thank you complimenting the service as well.

Look forward to seeing with us sometime in the future again.

Montreal, Canada
“Fine Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I were staying in Leicester square and we decided to trek out to this restaurant with no regrets. Restaurant is situated in a residential area. We had our best Indian meal ever!! The perfect balance of spice with great fresh ingredients. Service was impeccable! Worth the detour!

1 Thank Masoub
Dear Masoub,

Thank you for dining with us and making the journey.

The team is delighted you enjoyed your evening with us. It was great to have you with us.

Look forward to seeing you with us sometime soon.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Brilliant Indian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had dinner here when we were in London. The food was remarkable and the service impeccable.. The wine was perfect and the dishes tasted superb. The seasoning and flavors were spot on. I love Indian food and can say that it was some of the best I have outside of India. I loved the amazing décor and the delightful staff. What makes it amazing is its unassuming and welcoming vibe. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Robert h
Dear Robert h,

Thank you for choosing and dining with us. It was a great pleasure to have you with us.

The team is delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and wines. As well thank you for complimenting the service.

Look forward to seeing you with us sometime in the future.

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful little restaurant with lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband booked this restaurant on our anniversary after seeing its excellent reviews. We had great service and were really looked after. The food was lovely - and served beautifully. For the quality of food we received, we thought the bill was very reasonable. I am definitely planning to go some time. I would say it is probably more for couples or very small groups as the setting is intimate and small.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank princessmm
Dear princessmm,

Thank you dining with us.

The team is delighted to hear, you and your other half enjoyed your evening with us. I am personally glad to hear you plan to come back.

Look forward to seeing you with us soon.

Rohit & team Roots