“Great interior!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Step inside into a haven of foliage and garden-inspired interiors where you can sip creative cocktails and enjoy the seasonal all-day dining menu from early morning breakfasts through to dinner and late night drinks. Spread over two floors and with a spacious private dining room downstairs, The Folly is equipped for your every need.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I love this place for its lovely interior and design. The menus Chang item and are great too, even or vegetarians. However, last time I went it took forever to have our food and as it was lunch time we were in a hurry to get back to work. Lunch took 2 hours almost !

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've been here a few times with work as we have an office around the corner. The food is good pub quality; fish and chips, Thai curry, burgers, pulled pork.... it's a bit expensive for what it is and full of City types... it's like an All Bar One pretending not to be... alright if you like that sort of thing.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've been to the Folly a few times, mainly for drinks.
I have eaten there as well and the food is quite good and portions very generous.

Despite the intimate lighting and decor I wouldn't suggest it for a date because:
- seats are too far apart with those massive tables;
- too loud for conversation.

Apart from that, I love going there!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant recently. The staff were average in their helpfulness and friendliness. It felt a little like the staff felt we should be grateful for being allowed to eat there. The decor there is lovely, with great touches in the main restaurant and toilets.
The food was mixed, the lobster croquettes were nice but the steak sandwich over priced and tough. In general pretty average.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I enjoy The Folly, nice bar, clear, good theme and a bit different with food that is interesting. (Relation of The Drift on Bishopsgate which I also enjoy.)
Both are pricey though!

Please replenish toilet roll in the ladies during the evening, 7.15pm for no loo roll in some cubicles is poor, drip drying is not nice and you are not bargain basement back street suburbion pub prices so sort it out!

Apart from that, great place to meet with friends/work colleagues.