“Always good for a quick dinner”

Banana Tree West Hampstead
Ranked #3,267 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Banana Tree Restaurants, we offer you an authentic selection of dishes and specialities from the indochina region. Fresh, award winning food from the lemongrass growing countries including Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, & Laotian as well as flavours from the peninsula of Malaysia and Singapore. Come try our fresh new flavours at one of our restaurants today!
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you are in West Hampstead and looking for a casual place for dinner, Banana Tree should be your first choice.

A wide menu of choices from around Asia, must try dishes are the chicken wings, Pho and braised pork belly.

The cocktails are pretty good too!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went for a special lunch on Thursday. They told the group before us that they'd be served quickly because they were waiting for a train. I guess it didn't apply to us. We waited ages, first to give our order, then for the food to come, the starter came before drinks, and all we wanted was a fruit juice and tea.
They were understaffed, but it felt other people we attended to much better than we were.
It was a shame as I ordered the lunch special- which is good value but was sorely disappointed, the Garlic and Basil chicken was over cooked sauce with little flavour. I ate the rice and salad. The waiter asked when he eventually came over if we'd liked the food I was honest, and I told him I didn't enjoy it- it wasn't to my taste_ he just looked heartily offended and walked off. It's not very fresh as they try to tell you. This is my second bad experience at Banana Tree, so I think I will avoid from now on.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went with daughter and fiancé on a Sunday evening and even then it was packed. The atmosphere is very good, the service most acceptable, the food very good, but I'm sorry to say that for someone who isn't that young the bench type seating has to be said to be 'uncomfortable'. However, I also have to say that the standard of food does go most of the way to make up for that.
For anyone who enjoys Indochinese food then this is the place to make for, but if you are going at the weekend then make sure you book.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have visited the Clapham branch of Banana Tree a few times and always found it too busy and cramped. However, the staff is unfailingly nice and really work hard. This is also true for the West Hampstead branch - great staff.

It has the same uncomfortable seating at close quarters as in Clapham; however, this was not really an issue as we visited early Saturday evening when the restaurant was only half full.

I really enjoyed the food - we had dumplings to start with fried bread. I had the pork with some fried rice for a main and it was delicious. The prices are reasonable for a decent portion of flavoursome food.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

It was a girls day out , so perfect for a nice chaty meal ( that particular day was a bit too noisy) so we couldn't talk much we hardly could hear each other but food is delicious. I have been after that again and it was better. Food as good as before
Looking forward to go back.