“Very good meal”

Banana Tree West Hampstead
Ranked #3,304 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Banana Tree Restaurants, we offer you an authentic selection of dishes and specialities from the indochina region. Fresh, award winning food from the lemongrass growing countries including Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, & Laotian as well as flavours from the peninsula of Malaysia and Singapore. Come try our fresh new flavours at one of our restaurants today!
York, United Kingdom
“Very good meal”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

visit on wed evening for first time and just after we arrived within minutes the place was full, WE had starters delicious cant remember name,then main course again very good we all really enjoyed the meal and setting will come again next time in London.My only complaint i prefer to tip without it being addded to bill.

• Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Love it! One of my favorites in London”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times alone and with friends and it has always been excellent.

My favorite dish is the Laksa Soup, which you can choose in vegetarian option, with chicken, meatballs, prawns or a mix of the 3. Absolutely delicious. Slightly spicy.
Moneybags for starter (little chicken deep fried dumplings) are another hit among my friends.
The menu is very varied and, provided you like some Asian food, I'm sure you will find I dish you'll love.

It has multiple locations in London and I have been only to the following three so far:
Maida Vale (just next to the tube) is small and cosy
Clapham Junction (5 mins walk from the station) is busier and with louder music
Soho (Wardour St) has the Soho "vibe".
The first 2 locations have benches instead of chairs, whcih are fixed to the floor (for those taht suffer of some back pain like I do it may get a bit unconfortable after a little while) whereas the Soho restaurant has individual tables with chairs.

The food is consistently great in all 3 locations and also very fast.

Lunch menus with a reduced price are also available.

• Visited January 2013
Luton, United Kingdom
“Can't believe I have never reviewed this!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant again on Saturday and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it as I have been here now on at 4 occasions and every time has been lovely food. O it is sometimes very rushed but they seated us as soon as possible. The food was lovely and the lychee mojito is to die for. Not the venue for a romantic dinner but as a group, it is great and even on your own for lunch (have done this). The waiter's are friendly (was chatty when I was on my own) and service overall very good.

• Visited February 2013
Celt in England
“Delicious if slightly rushed”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on Saturday night so I suppose the queues and the hurry to turn our table over & get the next people in should be expected but it did just feel a little bit rushed. Apart from that, though, the food was delicious and I like the way you share tables. It's a busy, bustling restaurant and I'll go back!

London
“Lively restaurant, very tasty food!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We've been here a few times and have had a great night each time. We always stick to ordering about 6 starters rather than a main as we love the variety of dishes this place does (the money bags and double fried pork dishes are both particularly tasty). There are several cool restaurants/bars around West Hampstead but this is a definite highlight. It is always busy so you may queue for a while on weekend evenings. Any wait is worthwhile though as the food and cocktails are delicious. Staff are also attentive and friendly. We highly recommend an evening here.

• Visited February 2013