“A good find.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #486 of 826 Specialty Lodging in London
camborne cornwall
“A good find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I booked this apartment for one night as was travelling up to London with my son to see Arsenal and the location was ideal. I originally spotted the apartments on Late Rooms but was a little confused with the wording for paying for a child to stay so booked direct with the apartments website instead. I then emailed the contact address to ask for booking confirmation as I had not received an email as stated. I didn't receive a response to several emails over a few days so decided to look at Trip Advisor reviews as I had relied on Late Rooms reviews when booking. I then became concerned as some reviews were talking about overbooking etc and seeing as we were arriving on a match day I wanted contact from the apartments. I eventually got an email confirmation on the Thursday.
I must admit I was a bit worried that all would not go to plan and arrived at the apartments with apprehension but the welcome was superb. I have stayed around London on several occassions and customer service can be quite abrupt but the reception here was excellent. I was told that my room would not be ready until 3pm but I received the key so was not overly concerned.I was allowed to leave my bag. On arrival back at the apartments at 7pm everything was ready for my arrival and we had an apartment upstairs. The stairs are narrow leading up to the apartment and could cause a problem if you had a suitcase or were elderly etc. The apartment itself was fantastic, beautifully presented and very clean, we were very impressed.
Overall, I would recommend this place and would be happy to stay again. I would have given 5 stars if communication before arrival was better and this could be an area the business needs to concentrate on. However, if you are a football fan the location is ideal and the apartments are great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The area was ok but the apartments are fantastic, all at high spec with full kitchen and a grand marble enterance. The reception is at the same place, however they was closing when we got their at 9pm so it was a good thing we got there on time. We know that they are not 24 reception but our battery died so we couldn't contact them. Nice dbl beds with good space in the room and table to either work or have breakfast on. Underground on the same road as the apartment building so was not hard to find. Quite near to the westend and tourist places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer A
Lima, Peru
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We paid for the Executive Deluxe Apartment. The night we arrived, the room was dirty and smelly (with strong chemical products, glue and cement). We almost could not breathe. Next day, they double booked our room and CHANGED OUR STUFF WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION TO ANOTHER ROOM (smaller, older furniture, no window, stains, etc.). Our original room was given to a family and the manager ask us to "arrange the problem between us"... for the inconveniences, the manager told us they will give an upgraded room (never happened). So they promise us one extra day of stay, but "they forgot" and last night when we arrived ALL OUR STUFF AND BAGS, even the products from the fridge WERE OUTSIDE THE ROOM. No respect at all, really terrible experience. BTW there where drug dealers around the block at night!!!...

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Miluskaprz

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stay AWAY! how these people are able to open their door is unbeliveable. Read the other other reviews, they are all true and i am livid by the service, double billing and false representation.
We too booked two rooms being two colleagues on buisness in the area to find we were expected to share a double room. We were then ferried across London to another room we had to share. The whole process took 2 and half hours, not what we expecting after a long day at the office.
Avoid and save yourself a lot of hassel. Do not prepay as you will be double billed. Total dissapointment!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank blued2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I booked a family apartment with Milestone Apartments and was assured I could cancel the booking if I had to, obviously giving them at least 15 days notice, and would be refunded. I tried to cancel by email and noticed the full charge had been taken from my account even though the the booking was still over a month away. I contacted Milestone Apartments to cancel and was informed my booking was non-refundable as I had apparently received a 20% discount for booking for two nights. Nowhere did it ever say I'd had a 20% discount so I was completely taken by surprise, and there was a complete lack of understanding from Milestone Apartments, the guy just kept telling me to change the date of my stay. I understand that I should have read all the small print and i am responsible for the booking, but I find this small print cancellation policy very dishonest. There was a complete lack of goodwill and understanding from the other side, seems very shady to me. Also the person I spoke to had very broken English and I found it difficult to understand him.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TeenyQueen
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Although the room was clean and tidy there was no natural light and it was not suitable for a family of 4. The main double bed was fine but instead of 2 single beds requested we had a terrible sofa bed that was impossible to sleep on. Also they were not expecting us which was a little unnerving so I would not recommend for a family but I think it would be ok for 2 but for 2 it would not be good value for money

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Cecilia S