“AVOID AT ALL COSTS -SCAM”

Milestone Apartments
Ranked #497 of 843 Specialty Lodging in London
brum
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS -SCAM”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I'm not one for writing reviews but my god this has got me so angry I must warn other guests who may book this rotten shambles of a hotel!
Why oh why didn't I read trip advisors reviews 1st. Lesson well and truely learnt on my part!
This was booked months ago and Saturday 8th Dec was supposed to be our stay!
We get there and and held outside a reception for 20 minutes no chairs no updates just shoved in a small corridor and told to wait!
We are then told we can't check in yet and to come back! So at 230pm we go back to check in and are told its still not ready!

We go off and do our business and get back at 6pm and are told (and this is where I should have read trip advisor) they have plumbing problems and have no room for us! (Read every other bad review this is their fave line)

They told us they have booked us into another hotel miles away which they have paid for and we arrive we are told if we don't have the CC that it was paid from we have to pay ourselves!

So now not only has mount apartments who funnily enough also call themselves milestone apartments have taken money for a stay that will never happen I've had to pay for this new hotel! Which was more expensive!

If I give 1 bit if advise to anyone ever I BEG you DO NOT EVER waste ur time at this place!

Stayed December 2012
8 Thank lynseyr83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I was there for the weekend I loved my stay with mount apartment , the reception girl was so friendly and helpful , the room was amazing such a luxury room so clean tidy spacious the bed was so comfortable also my room had free wi-fi the location is so convenient the train station the bus stops all the shops around area
mount was apartment was great value for money I would definitely come back and stay with them when I come to London again

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Shiy977
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Turned up and they had given the room away then charged £20 extra to have another room. The room then had no heating and TV didn't work. Very poor practice in how they charge for a room. People nice once in hotel and sorting problems but didn't want them in the first place.

Room Tip: don't come here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank John W

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel made my first stay in London wonderful. It was very conveniently located near underground station which helped us to reach the heart of the city in 10 minutes. There are plenty of buses too, but train is faster. The room was absolutely gorgeous, very well designed and with all the appliances. Staff was efficient and polite. I enjoyed my stay, would recommend and would come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lau W
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed for 1 night and I have to admit it was a very enjoyable experience. The executive room was modern, stylish and comfortable with all modern cons, including a lovely kitchenette with a sink, kettle, microwave and fridge, ideal if you want to bring food in. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and the shower was hot and strong with fluffy towels. There was a very comfortable bed! Area of excellent with good public transport links. Excellent stay. Would recommend to travellers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fabio F
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My brother and I booked 2 rooms in 2011 in this hotel and on arrival were told a story of a broken soil pipe and they put us up at a much more inferior hotel, 2 miles from the emirates stadium.
In the hope that it was a one off we booked another 2 rooms last weekend and on arrival once again we were told exactly the same story!! We refused to move to another hotel and in the end they put us both into the same room. They claimed the room was a deluxe family room but it clearly wasn't and the second bed was actually some kind of lounger covered with a sheet! Obviously not part of the original room plan!
This hotel is a scam. I believe they intentionally overbook on match days and move extras to this other crap hotel.
I also noticed they had changed their name to Milestone apartments, presumably to try and avoid negative reviews, coincidentally (NOT) this is also the name of a decent london hotel and so they now get some good reviews because people think it is that hotel!!
Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Stephen M
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had booked the Mount Apartments weeks in advance for a saturday night in London. One night before my fiance and I had planned to stay at the apartments they contacted me by email saying they could not accommodate my booking due to maintenance issues. They offered me an alternate hotel, which received HORRIBLE reviews and I could even tell from the pictures it was dirty and disgusting. So I called them up and said I no longer wish to stay with you OR the alternate hotel and would not like my card to be charged for either (since they had already went ahead without my say so booking the alternate hotel). The lady on the phone was very rude and made me call her back an hour later because she was busy doing something. They should have been the ones calling me to arrange all of these details before, I should not have had to call them! Then I was stuck trying to find a hotel in central london one night before our stay. This is near impossible and the only other hotels left were at least 600 GBP. We ended up staying out in Hounslow all the way out by heathrow! Awful hotel and awful reception. Only stay here if you want to be stranded with no where else to stay in central london on a saturday night!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple