“Fantastic Authentic Vietnamese food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sen Viet

Sen Viet
Ranked #248 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Telford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Authentic Vietnamese food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

A real hidden gem of a restaurant. From King Cross station, there is a 10 mins walk that awaits you. but it isn't too difficult to find. We'd arrived on a Monday evening around 9pm, and believe it or not the place was almost full! I doubt that you can get in without a reservation during the weekends...
But its not hard to understand why. My partner who is from Vietnam, complimented how authentic all the cuisine was. And mentioned that because all the staff was true Vietnamese, they really have bought their home cooking style to London!
The price is all very reasonable and service was swift.
Absolutely highly recommended and we'll be definitely coming back for more.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sauc2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
“Nice reasonably priced food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We chose to try Sen Viet after recommendation from a friend, the restaurant isn't the flashiest in decor or look but the food was tasty and satisfying.

My partner and I ate between us two meat main dishes and I had beef noodles. Everything was perfectly cooked and the bill was reasonably priced. The food won't blow you away but it will still be an enjoyable experience.

Yays

Atmosphere is lacking

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ruinme
Chester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, good ambience and lovely service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I popped I'm here for a meal on the way back from the station. What luck that was!
We each had two courses and I started with the Indochine Beef which was thin strips of beef with chilli and lemon on a salad. It was absolutely delicious. The flavours were quite unusual but very tasty indeed.
I followed it up with a king prawn with noodles, lemongrass and chilli. It too was delicious. The ingredients tasted fresh and just cooked.
My husband had the cold spring rolls which were lovely and a clay pot of beef which had a flame underneath it and hence stayed hot till it was almost finished!
We had the best meal we've had in ages and the staff were lovely. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Gillian N
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh taste of Vietnam.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have used this restaurant a number of times , mainly through their takeaway service. They use to be on the two major takeaway websites. However they don't seem to be on either, but dont be concerned it must only be because they are too busy. Their food is wonderfully fresh from the comforting flavours of the pho soups, the vibrancy of the cold rolls to the delight of their fresh baguettes. The people there are so friendly and welcoming. It reminds me of the great little places dotted around Adelaide in South Australia that have followed the Vietnamese communities where they settled. It's is a fantastic little find please try it you will keep wanting to go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Peter D
St Cyrus, Scotland
“So very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was recently in London on business and on the way from Kings Cross station to the apartment where I was staying I stumbled onto this little place. The sign outside unobtrusively advertises 'Vietnamese Restaurant'. I thought a nice Pho sounded good so I looked it up on Trip Advisor before venturing in and was impressed by all the positive reviews. That settled it for me and I was very much pleased with my choice.

Before eating at Sen Viet my favourite Vietnamese restaurant was in Melbourne, Australia. But Sen Viet is now giving that place a run for it's money. I had the Pho with rare beef. It came with a plate of mint, bean sprouts, chilies and lemon on the side. The flavours were just amazing and intense.

The restaurant was busy throughout the entire time I was there. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and on the whole the service was good. They were occasionally a bit busy with other tables, but didn't leave me unattended for too long. They were helpful in answering my questions about the menu and described some of the dishes I had not had before.

I will definitely be going back on one of my next visits to London. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013