“Average Resturant in the area.”

Firecracker Restaurant
Ranked #5,928 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Tried the Resturant after reading the reviews but to find it was a OK place to eat, you could compare it to a average Resturant. Might dine there again if I really don't want to walk to any other Resturant or stay in the hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was my first visit to this place today and I will be going again.
The reason for lunch here was an office leaving do. Six of us walked down the stairs and were led to a private little corner where there was even a screen and karaoke box for us, though being lunchtime none of my team went for it. We squeezed around a table on comfy red pouffe chairs. After sitting down a pot of jasmine tea was ordered which they kept topping up during the meal. After finding to my amusement the middle glass section of the table could be turned around to share food my amusement increased.
Out came bowls of miso soup for starters. I know the sensible thing would have been to use the spoon but in the end I did hold the bowl up to my mouth and drink it down I was that much liking the taste. Chinese soups tend to be very watery but this was an exception. It was a great touch to find little bits of tofu floating inside.
After our soup came boxes with individual compartments for each of the dim sum. I loved it that my seafood parcels were tied with a bit of seaweed. The duck rolls were scrumptious, yam croquette was a smash and the pork and prawn sui mai (hope I spelt that right) with noodles. The food all really hit the spot and left me quite stuffed.
Thank you Firecracker for such a funky dining experience. I can see this going well with the young crowd and parent s who wanted to teach kids about different foods. The idea of the individual compartments is pretty damn good.
My only quibble was when we were leaving I had to squeeze to get out from around the back of the table.
Yum yum!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

While it is somewhat difficult to find Firecracker, it's worth the search. The dining room is pleasantly decorated, the wait staff is attentive and the food is just plain good! We enjoyed the teas and hot pot, my husband found the Hot and Sour Soup to be extra spicy and delicious, the kids even loved the ice cream. It was a good experience overall. Even though there were mostly business people in the restaurant they welcomed a family and were ready to make suggestions. If you can get Bianca as your
server, you'll be in good hands.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We dined here recently on a Sunday evening and were impressed by the quality of the food and service. Ambince is dark wood tones and red firecracker decorations. Several rooms were booked by Karaoke fans, but fortunately the sound proofing seemed adequate and the main dining room was quiet.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This restaurant got a good write up so we hoped it would live up to that. It was a weekday evening and it was fairly quiet. Like the décor and the firecrackers. The girls in our group were attracted to return by the possibilities of Karaoke! Staff were very slow to get drinks, take order and generally pay attention to what people might want, maybe they wanted to keep us there so the place looked fuller.Food was fine but not in any way exceptional and there seemed to be lack of dipping sauces and seasoning generally. So overall maybe it was just an off night.