“Completely ignored”

Ranked #7,361 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Great Portland Street offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

In the spirit of transparency, I am a Pizza Express fan. I enjoy taking the kids there and generally always come away happy.

Not here. This evening, after waiting 3 or 4 minutes for someone to show me to a table, I waited and watched as 3 different waiters/waitresses strolled past and completely ignored my efforts to order some food. After 20 minutes, I stood up and walked out. I did pause to voice my rationale to a waitress on the way out and it barely registered.

No option, nil points.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This chain restaurant has good pizza and friendly service.However the pasta dishes (we tried two) we tasteless, overcooked and unappetizing.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Four cheese pizza was the bomb...and the wine wasn't terrible! Nice staff that did not worry about our party staying longer than usual!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food was no better or no worse than many other PE's that I have visited, but the staff really make the dining experience here. Our waiter was friendly, chatty but not over the top, and other staff delivered our pizzas who were also friendly. We were not treated any different as we had a birthday voucher free bottle and we had some banter with the staff about our coffee choice. We are in our 60's and ate there Sat 21st.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

It was chucking it down with rain, and couldnt be bothered to go any further.. and why should you, it was warm and friendly, the staff are lovely, food great and had my voucher 3 courses for £13.75 can't go wrong with that !!