“Wonderful!”

The Crooked Well
Ranked #1,669 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crooked Well is a neighbourhood favourite in the heart of Camberwell. Our award winning drinks list of classic cocktails, local beers and handpicked wines is sure to quench your thirst. And whether you are looking for a light bite or a full slap-up meal, our seasonal menu of family-style sharing dishes, and modern european home-cooking will fit the bill.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wow, what a super evening! We had a couple of cocktails suggested by the bartender, and then a dinner and wine. Perfectly cooked steak was a delight as was the cheese. The staff were professional and enthusiastic about their trade. Great stuff.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love this place as I have not yet had a bad meal. The menu's are seasonal, good wine, nice cocktails and really friendly and efficient staff. It's a little on the pricey side but I keep going back so that does not put me off! Much of the time it is busy so best book to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went here for an evening meal with a group of friends following a busy birthday weekend. We were looking for a relaxed evening and some comfort food, we were not disappointed.

The wine list was extensive and included recommendations to match the food, the Pinot Noir was delicious and great value at £15 for a 500ml carafe.

I did not have a starter but the rest of our group were really happy with their pork belly and calamari dishes, starters were fairly big and could easily satisfy as a main course.

After googling unknown dishes on the menu I went for the Pata Negra which was melt in the mouth delicious and a side of crisp salty fries. Most dishes don't come with sides and portions are not massive so I would recommend you buy a side if you want a more substantial, having said that one of our group had the roast and that was a good sized plate.

Puds were lovely, choices were focused on seasonal ingredients, I had ginger and almond cake with gooseberry ice cream, the zingy gooseberries perfectly complemented the flavours in the cake.

Following the meal we were allowed to stay at our table for a leisurely drink and game of scrabble. The perfect way to end the weekend. I would definitely recommend this for a treat, or somewhere to take your parents.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Camberwell has always had some great eateries but the crooked well is a new and welcome addition. We've had a few lovely Sunday lunches - they are always excellent. Really nice wine list to go with. The staff have struck the perfect balance of laid back but efficient. Will be back, with obsessive regularity.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were a party of 6 out celebrating and we had a great time here. We loved the informal atmosphere. My sons had the special - an excellent Chateaubriand which was cooked to perfection. I had the sea bream which was definitely very fresh and tasty.Our waiter was well informed and friendly. We will def come back especially for those special meals in the year!