“Incredibly rude staff - not going back”

Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel
Reserve a Table
DesignMyNight
Ranked #7,335 of 27,667 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2018

I went went to the Brook Green Hotel pub yesterday evening and have never been so appalled and shocked by the level of rudeness of the staff.

I have never written a negative Tripadvisor comment in my life, however, the way we were treated was simply unacceptable.

We bought a last drink of rounds upon being informed that the pub was doing last calls. One of the bar tenders/waiters advised that we would have plenty of time to finish our drink and wouldn’t have to before 00:30, hence why we decided to stay for another round. At 00:10 a different waiter came up to us telling us that we had to leave now even though our glasses were still entirely full. The discussion continued for quite some time, only to escalate with a waitress/hotel receptionist to get involved, telling us that she had better things to do than treat us PRINCESSES and wanted to go home!

We asked to speak with the manager who couldn’t have been more indifferent about the situation and the way we’d been treated, although I question whether he was actually the manager.

I have worked as a bar tender and waitress myself and have never in my entirely life experienced such appalling customer service, the staff is rude, unhelpful and unprofessional! We’re local to the area but I can say with certainty that we and all of our friends will not be returning!

Date of visit: April 2018
General M, Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Hi Itsch L

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Really saddened to hear about your experience - if you could get in touch directly I'd like to look into this further and of course offer a more formal apology- brookgreen@youngs.co.uk

I hope to hear from you soon

Sacha Darnley

Deputy Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

As a book group we meet in the Brook Green Hotel restaurant every few months. This time (Tue after Easter), of the 6 of us who are only 1 was happy with their food. Normally our concensus is the food is good and better than the Queens Head which is our alternative venue. A portion of sweet potato chips was returned, sausages were re-heated and dry, 4 of us found our dishes were far to salty (2 to the extent that they didn’t finish it), one dish came without the promised spring greens. Ordering was also challenging as several dishes on the menu were unavailable.

Hopefully this was a holiday cover chef.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank CatharineS802
Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hi Catherine

Thank you for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback. It's really important that we hear about instances such as this to ensure that these things are addressed and not repeated - You are quite right unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances our usual team were not available. In an ideal world this should not have ultimately affected your experience, and I'm truly very sorry that it did.

Could I ask you to get in touch on brookgreen@youngs.co.uk? I'd like the opportunity to invite you folks back and of course offer a more formal apology

I hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Excellent range of Young’s beers and much more
Traditional Sunday lunch’s of roasts ,we had the beef and trimmings ,followed by homemade puddings

Very good service and well priced

Date of visit: March 2018
Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Hi David

Thank you very much for coming to see us, and further thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Please come back and see us for a roast again soon

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

This was an impulse stop after finding myself in this area. A very spacious room which was obviously once an old-fashioned local which has been upgraded to trendy gastropub. A small menu focused on English classics including Sunday roasts. I took the liver and bacon which was crisp and tasty. Excellent wine list.

Date of visit: March 2018
Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

HI John

I'm so very pleased that your impulse brought you to us, and even more so that you would take the time to leave such a nice review.

I hope you find yourself in the area again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2018

I organised my wife surprise birthday last Saturday for 30 people. Brook Green team have been super efficient and reliable from A to Z. Food was great and service flawless. Thank you again to everyone who helped me organizing that event. All my friends and family had a great moment and you made my wife's day. She was over the moon. Ben

Date of visit: January 2018
Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Ben

You and your family were an absolute pleasure to host! Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion with us and further thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review.

Please don't leave it until the next big celebration to come see us again.

Kindest regards