“Wedding reception”

Ranked #223 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had our wedding reception at the Black Dog and it was excellent. There were about 80 people and there was room enough for all to sit informally and walk around.
Staff were extremely helpful: they welcomed the delivery of our flowers and cake, they were proactive and quick in offering food and drinks, they were professional yet smiling and warm. They helped us with boxing things to take home, they stored some stuff for us so that we could collect it afterwards.
Cokey helped us with the menu and the buffet arrangement. He was professional in dealing with money matters and flexible in accommodating our needs.
The pub is located in front of Vauxhall Gardens, an excellent backdrop for our wedding photographs and for children to run around.
In short, a success!

There are newer reviews for The Black Dog Freehouse

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had my 30th birthday party at the Black Dog earlier in the month. The venue and staff really made it a birthday to remember. Excellent (and very good value) food and amazing, accomodating staff. Thanks to Cokey and all the staff for making the evening run so smootly (even down to having my own music on for the entire night!)

I wouldn't hesitate recommending the black Dog to anyone who wants to arrange an exclusive hire of a venue for 20 - 30 people in London. A faultless experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've been to the Black Dog for all of these sorts of occasions, and every time I have I've been impressed by the food, the choice of drinks, the cool decor, and the friendly staff. By far the best pub in the area, and actually worth a trip to. I had my birthday party there too and was really happy with it.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Similar to the previous post I held a party at the Black Dog for my wife's 30th . We live locally and so had been in the pub a number of times. It has a great vibe and the food is fantastic.

The pub is usually closed on Saturday nights and therefore worked really well for my wife's party. The landlord and his staff looked after us amazingly well allowing; us to play our own music and have our own cake. The nibbles and canapés that they provided were first rate and all of our guests were pleased by the selection of drinks available.

Cracking venue for a party but also a first rate pub. Long live the Black Dog!

1  Thank Samuel B
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I held my 30th birthday at the Black Dog Pub in March 2012.

It appealed as a venue as it was near my home and the interior of the pub is stylish and very suited for a private party (exclusive use, lots of space, kitchen serving freshly made food and a heated outdoor area for smokers).

I received an almost immediate response to my reseveration request setting out the food and drinks options and met with the managers twice to discuss what I wanted on the night. The food and drink options were pretty impressive and the pub was really flexible in helping to provide what I want - they even ordering in a type of liquor they don't usually stock for my friends who love it (Frangelico).

On the night, the food was amazing - everyone who came commented on it. I can't recommend the scotch eggs or mini burgers more! I was allowed to bring my own cake and pyramid of chocolate which some venues had shamefully said I would need to pay a £1 - 2 per head for as a cutting charge!

The staff were super friendly and organised. I was able to play my own music and leave all my presents at the pub to collect the next day.

On top of that - the drinks were amazingly reasonable!

By far one of best venue choices for a party that I found in London and Vauxhall!