Private Tours UK - Peter West

Two day Family Tour

Reviewed August 11, 2018
SheHezATravelBug
Ashburn, Virginia

All reviews highly recommend peter his knowledge windsor castle mercedes van peter's tour seasoned guide walking history comfortable vehicle vast history london city tour horse guard parade english pub superb tour fun filled historical events money well spent london area
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

On very short notice, Peter pulled together a wonderful tour of the countryside filled with interesting stops and history. His knowledge is extensive and broad. His vehicle very comfortable and clean.
Peter picked us us up from Heathrow Airport and whisked us away to an exterior tour of Windsor Castle, off to Stonehenge and managed to get to Bath in time to tour the Roman Baths. We had a pretty long list of what we hoped to see and Peter delivered. Our first full day we left Bath and drove to Castle Combe, Bibury, Chipping Camden and other charming Cotswold villages on our way to Stratford upon Avon for the full Shakespeare tour. The next day took in Oxford and Blenheim Palace. His accommodation recommendations were greatly appreciated in Bath, Stratford and Woodstock.
The experience was well worth it and we enjoyed sharing Peter’s country with him.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We had four adults and three children ages 10 yrs. and younger. Peter was very efficient in his route throughout London. Very knowledgeable in his history and also has a good sense of humor. The vehicle was comfortable enough to accommodate all of our family. Would recommend Peter to anyone interested in a private tour of London.

3  Thank DeborahL1008
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Peter actually met up with us the evening before our two-day tour to introduce us to Primrose Hill. The next morning he picked us up at our hotel and we visited Bath, Stonehenge and a quick stop at Castle Combe. On day two Peter picked us up again and drove us downtown and then we walked around London together. Both days were great. Peter's knowledge of English history is unbelievable - he has so many dates in his head! Once he discovered that my kids had an interest in Harry Potter, he started pointing out Harry Potter sites as well - some of which we never could have found on our own. We really enjoyed our days with Peter. Plus he was very helpful to us before our trip - answering our questions about where to stay, et cetera. He saved us time by helping us prebook tickets and getting us into a special entrance for Westminster Abbey. We liked the food at the places he took us for lunch (and recommended for dinner). He was also gracious when I thought he wasn't responding to my emails but it turned out he had been but for some reason I wasn't getting them (but my mom was and not mentioning it to me because I was clearly copied on the emails). We were travelling with my mom (who has knee troubles and therefore doesn't get around well) and my four kids whose ages range from 15 to 10. We would all recommend Peter - we all enjoyed our time with him very much!

4  Thank SheHezATravelBug
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Having taken guided tours all over the world, I can attest that Peter is one of the best. The man is a walking history book. Also likes to engage in funny commentary regarding British and American politics. Highly recommend.

3  Thank neilgerald
Reviewed July 21, 2018

My wife and I had a very pleasant day with Peter West as our driver/guide. He is very knowledgeable and witty. Peter launched into interesting facts about the area we were driving through immediately after picking us up at our hotel in central London. He continued throughout the day with pertinent information and discussion on various topics. Peter guided us on a walking tour of various colleges in Oxford, then drove us along many narrow, winding roads through the picturesque Cotswold countryside and villages. His choice of a lunch stop at the Fox Inn in Great Barrington was excellent. Peter was responsive to our requests to stop, or occasionally backtrack, for a photo opportunity. All in all, it was an excellent, if long, day.

2  Thank Ronald H
Reviewed July 10, 2018

we took a tour of windsor/bath/stonehenge yesterday with peter and it was GREAT! i was in town with my two children and was at the end of my two weeks with two tired kids and was worried about the long day (8:30 AM - 9:30 PM), but peter kept my kids and me happy, engaged, and informed. he was incredibly knowledgable about the sites and knew when my kids needed a break. he was prompt, thoughtful, engaging, interested, and a great conversationalist. our day with peter was a highlight of our trip. i highly recommend peter!

3  Thank texayorker
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We are a family of four - with two kids under the age of 8 - and wanted a guide who could showcase Windsor and keep the experience light, enjoyable and informative. Peter was excellent at balancing knowledge - keeping the interest of kids and easy going.

Windsor was busy on the day of our visit but he kept it light and showcased the history of this beautiful town and castle. Peter is passionate about providing quality guided tours and he provided insights and history that made the day, informative but not overwhelming.

3  Thank Vinotraveler_8
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Our family has been on several tours over the last 10 days and enjoyed each one but Peter was a real treat. Obviously it can be a real challenge to entertain our crew but he did it masterfully. We spent 2 days with Peter and we saw so much but weren’t rushed. He was very prompted, knew exactly what we might enjoy and was flexible enough to tailor the tour on the fly. He has a nice new Mercedes van with plenty of room. I highly recommend him and would love to see him again. Thanks Peter!

5  Thank SegravesFam
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful two days with Peter! We were able to cover a lot of ground in a short period of time. Our two days of touring were very educational and informative - Peter really knows his stuff! He was flexible and well prepared throughout. His van was lovely and we so appreciated not having to worry about parking, transportation, tickets, or lines - he made our time in London very easy and enjoyable!

3  Thank DJL8851
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

Peter is the man! He knows London. No question. He was personable, polite, on time, funny and easy to get along with. Knowing the city is one thing. Knowing how to deal with people is something completely different. Peter has mastered both. If you’re going to London and looking for a tour, look no further.

3  Thank Matt S