Review Highlights

from $118.90
from $81.90
from $120.20
4,633 results
All reviews frankie valli great cast story line grand circle great seats songs theatre stage audience tickets actors storyline interval
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just watched this show last night at the Bristol Hippodrome.
I took my mother along with my husband and I as she is a big fan of the Four Seasons and their music.
Unfortunately, we didn't it due to the constant use of bad language throughout the show. It just didn't make sense or even add to the story line.
The story line itself was pretty basic and it certainly could have been elaborated upon more.
The singer who depicted Frankie Valli was very good but now learning some of the artists were miming is even more disappointing.
We were also bored and disappointed throughout the first half of the show. I agree with one of the other reviewers I expected more from a top end show. The audience were not singing along either which is very rare for this type of show.
We decided to leave at the interval, which is a shame but we just didn't want to endure more of this show.
I cannot remember the last time I left a show, very disappointing hence my low rating.

1  Thank Vivacat12
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pleased to read others who have downrated the Jersey Boys. We attended the show at the Sunderland Empire earlier this year and as soon as the show opened we realised that the artists were miming. The only live musician was the drummer and others were playing air guitar and the guy on the organ was miming too. Totally unnecessary and frequent bad language was also misplaced. Waste of money so be warned.

3  Thank Mick S
Reviewed September 25, 2018

This show had me wanting to watch all night., I would love to see it tomorrow again. The man who played Franki Valli has the most amazing voice and he sang so many of their wonderful hits

We sat in the royal box and have an amzing view of the stage. I would recommend this show to everyone

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Not enough singing and when they did sing it was only half of the song. I expected much more for a top end show i was bored. It looked as if they were miming some of the time, I wouldn't go back. Usually the audience is clapping along to the songs but they couldn't as there is hardly any singing!

4  Thank emma310175
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Just been to see The Jersey Boys in Southend although it was a good show they do need better sound engineers to set up for different theatres. I agree it is blatantly obvious that some of the musicians are miming which is not acceptable for a top stage show. I thought it was probably just the provinces but it appears that they mimed at the London show as well.
Shame on you.

2  Thank Chris P
Reviewed June 30, 2018

took our 11year old granddaughter she knew all the songs really great night out great music and great seats just great

1  Thank misskandione
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We wanted to see a family oriented show when we visited NYC last month and so opted for Jersey Boys. I mean, how much could be wrong with that kind of story line? Sadly, plenty. I read reviews before buying our tickets, but we were still immediately disappointed shortly after the show opened. Unreal amount of cursing, especially the repetitive F word, probably 50x in the first half of the show. Was it "realistic" for the time period and story line? I don't know, I never heard that much F word in my whole life, let alone in one half hour, but can't we just curb that just a bit to accommodate families? The music itself was good, but the suggestive scenes and language sort of ruined what was probably the better part of the show itself, and we easily left the theater at intermission. The next morning our concierge asked how we enjoyed the show, and she was shocked when we told her about the language especially as she had seen Jersey Boys ON Broadway, and didn't remember that kind of profanity when she saw it. I wouldn't take a child to see it for multiple reasons. Do Lion King instead.

3  Thank dee_columbus
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Have seen this show twice, it was great. Amazed at how many songs we actually knew. Thoroughly recommend you see this you will not be disappointed

2  Thank francescafjp
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

I didn’t expect much as I didn’t know much about the show, however it was incredible! Everyone in that theatre was standing!! Amazing singing and dancing, classic songs! A must see!

2  Thank Jessie K
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love Jersey Boys, have been twice now. Such a feel good show, even if you think you don't know many Frankie Valli/Four Seasons songs, I can assure you that you will!

2  Thank HayleyHay5