“An excellent introduction to Japanese cooking”
Review of Hashi Cooking

Hashi Cooking
Ranked #20 of 162 Classes & Workshops in London
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Reiko Hashimoto's classes cannot be recommended highly enough for anyone wishing to demistify Japanese cooking.. From rank amateurs to professional level cooks, she provides clear and concise instruction, breaking it down into its component parts in the privacy of her home.

Lessons pass quickly as she cheerfully charms her disciples, introducing them to exotic,highest quality ingredients and new techniques whilst ruling her domain with a quiet authority . She has the knack of presenting her delicious food with an enviable but simple elegance.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Visited Hashi Cooking recently to do the Sushi and Sashimi class, I got this as a Christmas present and did it with my boyfriend. We had such a good time,whilst we knew a little about sushi before going, we left much more well informed and confident with these techniques. Reiko runs a well structured class and was happy to ask our endless questions. In our group there was seven of us which was perfect as it allowed Reiko to help us on a 1:1 basis during practical tasks. The produce (especially the fish) Reiko used during the class was excellent, she also taught up how to make a Japanese Omelette - delicious! Getting the lists of ingredients and suppliers was really helpful as these ingredients aren't the easiest to find in London. Great value for money, I have nothing bad to say about this class - highly recommend.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was an excellent introduction to Japanese Cookery. Reiko is very clear with both methods and techniques and also with the different and very new ingredients that are required to produce the delicious results.I went home and did cook most of the things we had learnt in class with confidence and good results ! I would highly recommend this course and I shall be going back to develop some skills further with Reiko ! I went with a friend but there is a small group of us and you could very easily and comfortably do this alone. We were an easy going group and there were also people there on their own so its suitable for everyone.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My best friend and I both got Reiko's sushi course as Xmas presents and what a fantastic gift it was. It is all very relaxed but informative in Reiko's kitchen as she takes you through the process of making various different types of sushi. Making the rolls are great fun! The quality of her ingredients were incredible, I don't think I have ever had fish quite like it.
It feels more like being invited to a fabulous lunch party, except you make the food yourself. We sat down at the end to try the fruits of our labour over saki, delicious!
Brilliant afternoon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have just finished attending Reiko's Home cooking course and am very pleased with it. The experience of attending the lessons itself was very pleasant, Reiko being a great teacher and host. Within 2 hours, she manages to teach, cook from scratch and feed her students with 4 dishes in a relaxed atmosphere.
The recipes are delicious and very well explained, Reiko highlighting every tricky step and giving her best tips for a smooth preparation.
I already tried several of the recipes at home and they all were a big success. I can't wait to try the other ones.