“Tasty flat white & very good food”
Review of Workshop Coffee

Workshop Coffee
Ranked #4,063 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: In April 2011 we opened our doors on Clerkenwell Road, intent on bringing to the neighbourhood the very best coffee possible. Sourcing, roasting and brewing great coffee lead to more, and since then, our Clerkenwell cafe has evolved into a thriving destination for coffee, food, beer and wine lovers alike.
“Tasty flat white & very good food”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

You can hunt high and low for a decent flat white in London... Or you can come straight here. Home roasted on the premises, and brewed by competent and very friendly baristas. Try the grilled asparagus, it's amazing with cornbread and poached egg. Had major food envy for a neighbour's burger though.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Nice vibe, good food, great coffee”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I visted Workshop in Clerkenwell for a late Sunday brunch - it's busy and there was a short wait for a table, but at least it is possible to get one (mainly as they don't take bookingas at weekend). Staff very friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is very relaxed - background music but not too intrusive so you can have a sensible conversation. The menu for brunch at weekends is great - lots of unusual selections as well as traditional favourites. I went for good old scrambled eggs on sourdough toast with bacon and mushrooms. My friend chose corn fritters with grilled halloumi and poached egg. Both very good portions, both beautifully presented and both very delicious. Coffee was great (but then, this is a proper coffee shop) and we also shared a bottle of cava - good selection of recovery drinks incuding bloody mary, mohitos etc. Drinks prices not outrageous either.
I'd definitely go back here and would recommend highly. It's had good reviews in the press and in this case they are deserved.

• Visited April 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Nice place for a light lunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went in here for an informal business lunch. We were expecting a sandwich and a drink but we went upstairs and were presented with a more complete menu, which we didn't exactly turn our noses up at!

We picked from the lighter bites section of the menu and were warned that it really was quite small so we opted for sides as well.

I had the fishcake which was tasty, although pretty small at £7 and not that great value. A side of fries were good too.

Service was okay although we did have to remind the waiter to bring the bill.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant coffee shop in Clerkenwell”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Fed up with Stabucks, Costa, Nero, Coffee republic etc. ?? They are all the same and so boring.

What a pleasant change to find an independent coffee shop where they care about the coffee they serve you and they are pleased that you are there as. Customer.

This place is fabulous, a large central bar area where they lovingly prepare the coffee and serve the snacks cakes and goodies. An interesting "outside" area full if greenery.

A great place - highly recommended!

Barcelona, Spain
“A little expensive (the coffee) but great quality”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I work next to Workshop and although I don't coffee there everyday because it's very expensive, I really enjoy the quality of it when I do buy it, love their pastries and artisan sandwhiches (at £5.50 they make them fresh, abundant and with a delicious rustic bread. I'm always happy to pay that money for their sandwhiches) and just overall pretty good menu with nicely thought ingredientes and tasty recipes.
The staff are also very nice, chilled, friendly, very accommodating.... Great premises and deco, love the vertical garden... All in all a very good lunch place. And yes, the coffee is expensive but it's really good, so when I buy one, I know I'm giong to enjoy it.

Visited March 2013