“Great value for money, a great find.”

Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #538 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here for one night in December. The hotel is in a great location only a few minutes walk from Hammersmith tube station. The reception staff were very friendly and let us check in to the rooms that were available at about 11am. We had one executive double and two standard double rooms. The rooms are very clean and have all the amenities you would expect but the standard double rooms are very small, which was fine for our one night stay but I don't think I could have stayed there for much more than a couple of nights. The executive double room was much more spacious (and not much more expensive) although it was on the reception floor and was a little bit noisier in the night than the other rooms on the floor above but even then not too bad. The shower is very good and breakfast in the morning was much better than I had expected. Overall, great value for money and a good location so I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanna G
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel

Reviewed December 20, 2012

First impressions of the hotel were good. Nice funky décor, friendly staff etc, until they showed me to my room. I can honestly say it was the smallest bedroom I have ever seen in my life. Granted it was a single, but even for a single it was pretty ridiculous.
On the other hand the bed was very comfortable and the shower was really good, despite the bathroom also being very small.
All in all a great hotel if you need a bed for a night. If you're going to be spending any time in your room though, I'd look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't book a single!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

First time I have used the hotel, so not sure if I have got it at a cheap price, but I would say it is excellent value for London iin comparison with other places I have stayed at. Handy for other areas but feels "local" and safe.

Short walk from the tube, lovely room, great reception area and staff. Very clean, comfortable and appealing.

Certainly hope to use it again.

Room Tip: Have only seen one, but I would imagine they are all of the same standard and serviced by a lift so...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel in December. The hotel is situated around an 5minute walk from Hammersmith tube station with excellent links into central London. The hotel is modern, and has been completed to a high standard. Our room has quite small, although enough room for just one night. Firstly the staff didn't speak very good English, therefore it was difficult to understand what they was saying. We had two suitcases to carry up two flights of stairs, although the lady just left us to carry them up ourselves without any help. Our swipe card didn't work for our room when we arrived back to the hotel, in addition, we had to wait for this to be fixed for access into our room. We ordered breakfast to be delivered to our bedroom. The portion size's wouldn't feed a mice. I had one piece of bread and an boiled egg on the side, with around 30ml small glass of apple juice. I explained to the waiter that the portion size was little and my order wasn't correct. He said 'I didn't make this one, my manger did, I will bring you up the rest' I waited although he didn't return. In the morning we was woken up to an extremely loud drilling noise coming from the room next door, it was that loud that we could hardly hear ourselves speak! It was very frustrating and annoying. I rang reception and complained, they apologized and promised the noise would stop. After around 40minutes of complaining the noise finally stopped (For around 10 minutes) then started again. When departing our hotel, one of the staff gave me an £5 off voucher for our next visit witch i will not be using. I don't usually write review's although I don't want people to pay good money and have an bad experience like I did.

Room Tip: Ensure you book one of the bigger double rooms as the standard double are compact.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kayla D
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We (2 adults and a toddler) stayed there for 3 nights. The hotel is very nice and clean, staff were super friendly and polite, breakfast was included in and it was VERY good and generous in terms of portion I know everybody here complained about room size but people its Europe so don't expect north American room size in London, I stayed in 2 other hotels in Manchester and here in London before and none of them were as clean and well decorated as this one, carpets beds bathroom all were extremely clean, WiFi Internet also included in price. Our room had a safe hair dryer and one double and one single bed yes room was a bit on the smaller side but I didn't care since it was very nice furnished and extremely clean as I mentioned before, bathroom was functional very nice and was big enough though.
Hotel is only 7-8 minutes walk from Hammersmith tube station (both piccadilly & district lines) and there are many shops and restaurants around the hotel like TKMax, Primark.
If you stay at this hotel make sure to visit Mahdi Restaurant (Persian Cuisine) which is one of the best restaurants in Hammersmith and it's only one or two blocks away.
I definitely recommend this hotel and I will stay here again if I come to London in future

Room Tip: Rooms are small but if you care about quality and cleanliness they stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rastaak
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel looks new, modernly designed, very very clean. Staff is helpfull and professional. Breakfast contains very good selection. Location is close to a well connected tube station and buses stations so you can get anywhere quite easily.
Rooms are relatively small. The triple room could have used additional storage facilities. Mind that some rooms on the top floor (3rd floor) have skylight instead of window and if it bothers you, ask in advance for room with a window.
Overall, a very good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Omgin B
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed for 4 November nights in a triple room at the Seraphine BW in Hammersmith.

The good parts:
a. location. close to numerous shops and restaurants, close to the Hammersmith station which provides rapid connections pretty much everywhere in the city, close to great walking areas - the London wetlands, the Thames, etc. Probably Seraphine's biggest asset.
b. service. friendly people, good service, a good experience overall.
c. breakfast. another nice surprise, the (continental) breakfast is generous and of good quality.
d. bathroom. big enough and functional.

The not so good parts:
a. beds. the "double bed" is a slightly larger single bed, probably 1,20 m wide. It is quite a challenge to share it with another adult person. Moreover, the quality of the mattress is not able to impress .
b. room. Our room was presented as a triple room, but there is no way 3 (active) persons can be present in that room in the same time. If they sleep or stay in bed then it's fine.
c. the hotel's policy of blocking money in customers' bank accounts, long time after they check out. This seems to be a vicious habit for many of the London hotels, who like to keep you waiting for your own money long after you left them - sometimes weeks and weeks. Maybe this way you'll keep them longer in your memory, they may think. if you call them and claim back the money, the typical excuse is blaming the banks for being slow. By the time I write this review, it's 5 days since I arrived home and the amount for 1 night is still being blocked by the hotel.

Room Tip: don't go for the triple rooms, they are not comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends