“Up-market boozer with quirky charm”

The Devonshire Arms
Ranked #3,477 of 24,420 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: South Kensington's cosiest pub. Just a stones throw from the boutique-lined streets of South Kensington, The Devonshire Arms has rustic character and vintage style in equal measure. Step inside to discover an unsurpassable range of speciality drinks, all served with a dash of idiosyncratic charm and an eclectically furnished interior that exudes a subtle air of stately-home grandeur, an apt setting for sipping on a crisp New Zealand Pinot G or treating yourself to one of our home-cooked Sunday roasts. The pub garden has ample tables that catch the sun with heating and jumbo umbrellas for when the British weather catches you off guard!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This pub is one of our local pubs and we frequent here regularly. They have a good selection of beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks. They also have a daily changing food menu which never fails to disappoint. There's an outside seated area which is a great place to relax in during the Summer.

The prices are a little on the expensive side but the staff are always super friendly and there's always great atmosphere. All in all, a great, little boozer with lots of quirky charm.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Thanks David for the food and the drinks during our visit on April 6. Keep on moving this way. We enjoyed it all.

1  Thank Henry2946
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Can I say first of all say that the barperson/waitress was extremely helpful and attentive. No complaints whatsoever, she did a great job. The problem was that we waited a long time for our starters and then when we were not even half way through eating them our mains arrived at the table. The waitress was very apologetic but we were still left with our half finished starters on the table and our mains also deposited there. This was really unacceptable. No matter what the food was like I have never experienced my starters and mains arriving together. I also noted that the waitress was the only person serving the whole restaurant and the restaurant was very busy. Unfortunately neither myself nor partner were impressed with the food. The spring special of Southern Fried chicken was problematic. Nothing was provided to put the bones into and the seasoning on the chicken simply did not match that of KFC

1  Thank martyn2069
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great pub for a few drinks along with some quality food. Give it a try when your in the Kensington area

1  Thank Wakeybloke
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We ate here for dinner and really enjoyed our main courses, they were both very tasty. The staff were very friendly and helpful and quick to recommend dishes.
It was quite expensive (cost us £60 for two courses and an alcoholic drink each) but then I guess that's Kensington prices, just more expensive than we are used to. The thing that did annoy me was the 10% service charge was was whacked on my bill. The server was very helpful but I don't appreciate being told what to tip so that soured my experience a little if I'm honest.
Would maybe got back if I'm in the area again but I would probably go somewhere cheaper.

1  Thank TheForce11