“Poor”
Review of Sapori Sardi

Sapori Sardi
Ranked #733 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialties and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am very passionate about food, and when I go out for dinner I always expect a good meal and especially a good service. I have never experienced anything as bad as tonight, service was terrible! 40 minutes for our starters, and one hour and a half for our primi! I had to cancel my "Pollo with pecorino" because everyone at the table finished their mains ages ago! Totally unacceptable, I would never step foot in that restaurant again! Maybe our table was the "unlucky" one...but my opinion remains the same!

7 Thank Alessandro B
Gtaris, Owner at Sapori Sardi, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Alessandro,

I am very sorry to hear your dining experience with Sapori Sardi expectation were not met last night.

You were served your starters within 20 minutes and your mains were late just about 10 minutes, as our computer system ordering actually records the time order is sent to the kitchen.

Friday night is always busy and we cook everything fresh nothing precooked our customers knows this and worth waiting other wise they would go to fast food restaurants.

Our waitress is very sure you never mention pollo in your order so thats why you weren't served but you were offered you declined. We also took off the bill one of your main course and offered complimentary drinks.

Your table wasn't the unlucky one, you were here to complain not to enjoy your dinner, all evening there were many various other complains only from your table no one else.

Best wishes,
Gul

• Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, great food, great place.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked through Toptable and dined at 8 on a Friday night.

The restaurant was full but not overcrowded and there was a vibrant atmosphere. We ate grilled squid and a beautiful mozzarella starter, then monkfish and a risotto. All perfectly prepared, ideally seasoned and a treat for both the eye and the palate.

I'm not usually a great fan of desserts but thoroughly enjoyed the panacotta and my gorgeous partner thought the ice cream with espresso and amaretto great fun.

With its friendly but unobtrusive staff I couldn't recommend this restaurant more heartily.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Came here with a group of 6 friends on Saturday night as it was recommended by one of our friends who is Sardinian. The owners were very friendly, best service I experienced in a London restaurant in a very long time. Food was excellent...ordered many starters all of which were delicious and for our mains we each ordered a different pasta...which did not disappoint. Small restaurant, with a great atmosphere and still able to comfortably accommodate a table of 6. Will certainly return. Thank you.

Istanbul
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service and atmosphere, lovely couple running the restaurant, warm and welcoming, freshly made food! Very pleased, will go again!

London, United Kingdom
“An amazing restaurant”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

It's simple, the food was great, the price is decent (expect around 100 pounds for 2 people with starter, mains, dessert and wine), and the service was perfect. Add to this a nice atmosphere and you'll get an amazing restaurant I'm looking forward to go back to.

Visited October 2013