“Bellisimo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sapori Sardi

Sapori Sardi
Ranked #672 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialties and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage.
Sydney, Australia
“Bellisimo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had dinner at Sapori Sardi last night and I can honestly say I cannot fault it.

It has a warm, relaxed ambience and the staff could not be more attentive and friendly. However, the best thing about this charming restaurant is most definitely the FOOD. Wow! It took me back to my Nonna's kitchen. Rarely do I ever eat Italian food that comes close to her cooking but the food we ate last night and even the smells from fellow diners' plates exuded home cooked, Italian authenticity.

We had the grilled calamari to start which tasted like it had just been picked from the ocean. My partner had the Seafood Risotto which he wolfed down (not a grain left on his plate) and I had pasta with Italian sausage ragout - it was rich, flavoursome and moreish.

The showstopper of the evening had to be the Zabaione. Frothy and warm with a pungent Marsala kick. I could've eaten a whole pot of this. Again, it tasted exactly like my Nonna's.

Price - absolutely worth every penny.

We probably would not have tried this little gem had it not been for a recommendation of a friend, but we will certainly be back.

1 Thank JessicaSchultz

• Turkish first
London
“Meal of the year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This charming little place delivers every time, fantastic food and always a warm welcome. Last nights treat was the humbly named fish stew and it was delicious. Followed by a perfect panna cotta. I hadn't been for about 6 months and you always wonder whether a place can sustains such excellence but in the case of Sardi, it just gets better and better. Thank you Piero for such simple, tasty food. I look forward to the next visit.

Kennett, Missouri
“One Good Fish, One Not So Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I wanted to give this restaurant four stars but could not. My wife got the monkfish which was very tasty. However, the swordfish that was served to me was fishy. Hence the three stars. The Chianti was okay but was not special. The tiramisu was just average, and you are given a small portion. The service was very friendly, and the waitstaff was very efficient. The restaurant is small and homey, and we liked that. If I lived in London, I will give them another chance.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JMTurnbow
Orebro, Sweden
“perfect for dates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a really cosy little Sardinian resturant. The food was really good, but not the best I've had. The service was great, same with the atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Effortless rustic charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a delightful independent restaurant at the southern end of the Fulham Road. A standard Italian restaurant thsi is not: the menu is adventurous and extensive, and for the quality, the prices are very reasonable though not for those on a budget. The food is fabulous, the atmosphere super-relaxed, and the decor rustic without being cliched. Starters were generous: I tried the calamariI which was grilled to tenderness, while Pam had salt cod. For the entrees, I had a superb artisanal fish stew and my companion had swordfish: both cooked with care and to perfection. A bottle of Pinot Grigio at a very reasonable price complemented our food. Service was attentive wihtout being inrtrusive. A great evening. Booking needed as rightly popular.