WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sapori Sardi

Sapori Sardi
Ranked #391 of 21,574 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialties and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage.
“The perfect quick get away, just around the corner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Amazing food, exceptional service and a beautiful atmosphere. The perfect get away when the sunshine in London isnt quite working. Felt as though we were in a resturant in the sun in Sardinia. Simply amazing!!

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Superb family run restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

So lovely to find a place that offers genuine home cooked Sardinian food.
Amazing pasta with smoked cods roe.
Good wine list.
Very friendly

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent Genuine Sardinian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I contacted this restaurant two weeks ago while I was planning my husband' surprise birthday dinner. I was pleasantly surprised by the prompt response. Gul, the chef's wife and owner contacted me straight away and together with Piero, chef/owner we planned the special menu.
Last night we had a lovely meal. It was 7 of us and we all had a brilliant night.
We had a typical Sardinian meal: we started with antipasti misti (Sardinian cheese and cured meat) with pane carasau (typical Sardinian bread).
We then had potato ravioli and risotto with Sardinian sausage which was to die for!
The best part of the meal was the roasted piglet, cooked at absolute perfection! All this was accompanied by a lovely Cannonau (Sardinian red wine).
The staff was very attentive, smiley and friendly which definitely contributed to everyone enjoying the evening!
This is a lovely family restaurant and we will definitely be back!
I was the only Sardinian among the 7 guests and I can totally state that this restaurant truly reflects the Sardinian tradition of tasty food and hospitality!

“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had another great meal with friends at this lovely restaurant. Food is amazing and fantastically presented, restaurant is cozy and lovely and the staff very friendly and warm.
Couldn't ask for more!
Hope to be there again very soon

1 Thank 75LittleM
“Sapori Sardi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went with my boyfriend for a romantic dinner here and it was perfect. I requested a quiet table and the girl who served us took us to the back of the restaurant, which was great. The atmosphere was really cosy and intimate, so it was perfect. The staff were very very friendly as well. The food was good, I tried the swordfish which was just to my taste. I tried a bit of duck as well, which is what my boyfriend had, but it wasn't as good as my fish. But all in all I'd definitely go back

• 4 of 5 bubbles