“Experience consistent with many positive reviews”
Review of Sapori Sardi

Sapori Sardi
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapori Sardi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #997 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialties and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was a very enjoyable dining experience and well worth the bus trip to Fulham. When we arrived at 7PM on a Saturday night the place was empty which seemed a little strange for such a highly rated place. However the staff seemed quite relaxed and sure enough patrons steadily trickled in and it was full by the time we left well satisfied with our 4-course meal and bottle of Sardinian Rose and only 80 pounds lighter in the wallet. We shared the first three courses (grilled sardines, zucchini risotto and mixed fish) and we could have also shared dessert but the options were too tempting. Everything was perfect and as described in previous reviews. The ingredients were fresh and well presented, the staff were friendly and attentive and the setting was pleasant. It is an informal place and the dishes are simple. However the quality is undeniable. It is the kind of place every neighbourhood should have.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband booked a table for my birthday and wow! what can I say..From the service to the food to the hospitality of the owners and everything about this place was just PERFECT!
The place is small but packed so make sure you book , we ordered mixed olives and italian bread for starter , the bread was really lovely and olives so tastey. For main I ordered yellow fin tuna stake and my husband had chicken supreme , what an amazing juicy full of flavour food , I honestly can say it was the best food I've ever had in a restaurant and I have had michelin star food ..for desert we had lemon sorbet and tiramisu ( simply the best )
They even surprised me with a birthday song and a little candle on a strawberry and chocolate powder which was nice.
The service was very attendant eventhough the place was packed. So overall I have to give a 5 , best experience, will be back anytime. Oh and food was reasonably priced.
I am pretty sure the person who left a bad review about this place didn't go to the same place as we did because this place is a little gem. Keep up the great work going guys, loved everything about your restaurant.
Mina + Paul

Reviewed July 13, 2013

AS a lover of regional Italian cuisines, and that of the Great Islands in particular, I can honestly say this comes as close to the genuine thing as possible outside Italy! The cooking is traditional yet inventive, and the service wonderful and friendly. The owner is head chef in the kitchen and his wife has a smile for everyone as maître d'.

1  Thank Carl I
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Considering the fact that it is currently ranked 14th in the top restaurants list of trip advisor, this place has a relatively modest ambiance, but it won't take too long to realize why it is rated so high.The food is absolutely wonderful and one can really sense the quality and freshness of ingredients used in every dish.

We ordered 'Burrata E Bottariga' for the starters - was absolutely delish. The other dishes we tried were 'Risotto Pescatora'- it was excellent and 'Chef's special Spaghetti Lobster' - it was the only let down for us, although the lobster was fine, the spaghetti tasted very average.

The Tiramisu was absolutely wonderful, Loved it! I can go back to this place just for the Tiramisu :-) ( we are a big fan of Tiramisu and have tried it in numerous places, it is top notch here)
The staff is very cordial & you will even find the owner of the restaurant taking extra effort in ensuring everyone is comfortable and having a good time.

Overall a nice experience, looking forward to visiting them soon!

1  Thank Toshi G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This unpretentious local family restaurant serves excellent Sardinian food, freshly sourced and unfailingly delicious. The regular menu is full of delights - pastas, risottos, meat and fish dishes - and each day there are specials based on fresh market produce. The wine, as carefully selected as the food, is great value for money. Simple, sapid and superb! Thanks, Piero. Gul and all your wonderful staff.

M and J