“A great place”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Four of us went on Saturdayafter an anjoyable trip to Borough Market. We were really looking forward to it all the dishes were very nice with the bream, prawns and clams being highlights. The patas bravas were the best we have tasted. Wine was very nice. It was a very pleasant lunch especially as the lovely waitresses gave us the only place you can sit facing each other in the middle of the (tiny) restaurant. If I were to choose between Jose and the Opera Tavern I'm afraid the Opera Tavern gets my vote for the sheer depth of flavour of their dishes.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I took my wife and daughter there for lunch on Sunday, and we were very well looked after. Thankfully we were told to get there for the noon opening, as there is no booking available. The food was exquisite, from the patas bravas, to the pork, and sea bass with Spanish black pudding. The wine list had a limited selection, but what was on offer was very nice. Lovely Ribero Del Duero. The service was very friendly and informative about the dishes on offer, and the buzzing atmosphere gives the place a really relaxed vibe. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went there after work on a Monday evening. The place was really crowded and we got two places at the bar. There's just one small room with kitchen and everything in it. The staff is very friendly and attentive, the food (tapas) is excellent. The chocolate dessert with a salty topping is marvelous.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I came to Jose for lunch on a Friday and had a lovely time. They don't take bookings and we perched on bar stools, but I rather enjoyed it! The staff were friendly and were happy to recommend tapas and wine to us-which I thoroughly enjoyed. My favourites were the hake and the prawns-they were simply delicious! I can see why people who work nearby would make this a regular haunt, I'll certainly come back!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

A lovely little bar / cafe in Bermondsey. I could sit there for a long time and eat tapas. Very ful when we went but service was excellent.