“A must visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jose Tapas Bar

Jose Tapas Bar
Ranked #298 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Southwark
Houston, Texas
“A must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The place is charming and the staff makes you feel like you are at home. Jose is all about simple food with the best quality ingredients. The pork was unbelievable. You won't believe it until you try it.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Yorkshire
“What a find, you must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We were recomended a visit to Jose by the maitre'd at both Ramsay and Alain Ducasse, I guess recommendations don't come any higher... So expectations were high, we were not disappointed the food, atmosphere, service and chilled sparkling red were fantastic. This is on my 'must visit' list on every future trip to London?

“Lives up to the reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner here last night after reading all the great reviews and having walked passed it a few times. And I have to say it didn't disappoint. Cosy and very buzzy the atmosphere is great and we were met my friendly wait staff as soon as we walked in. It was about half hour wait for a table (well stool at the bar, this isn't a formal 'sit down' kind of place) but were brought a drink while we waited and were happy to chat and soak up the vibe. When we sat down a very friendly waitress helped us with the menu and made some great recommendations, all of which was delicious. And to top it off a nice surprise when the bill arrived as it wasn't nearly as much as I thought it might be, plus no service added ( when does that ever happen in London?). Needless to say we left a generous tip and will be heading back soon.

1 Thank Aasmit
London, United Kingdom
“Spain has moved into "Bermondsey Street"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Jose Pizzaro, a fantastic charismatic man, and when it comes to spanish cuisine he is second to none in my opinion, I have eaten a few other london Tapas bars and this is by far the best.....

Fantastic food, great atmosphere, a little crowded at times, but attentive staff, who are always on hand with advice on the menu and wine list, the food is sublime in every way, if you havent been here you are missing a fantastic experience, I regularly get taken here by my boss for lunch...

I took my partner for her first Tapas and now she is addicted...........

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 666Mark666
“Good food but disappointed when we first arrived”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I felt the need to write this review as I noticed another couple experience the same situation as us once we were in and drinking at a edge. We visited this place about a month ago but I've only just got around to writing the review. When we arrived it was very busy and we wondered whether we should stay or not. As we were deciding a gentleman came over and asked if we were eating as well as drinking and handed us some menus. He said there would be a wait which we decided was fine. We didn't even look at the menu as presumed it was for food and as we didn't have an area to eat yet had no need to look at it. Once he disappeared we headed to the bar as you would do in any restaurant if waiting for a seat/table. What followed was some very snobbish looks from fellow drinkers at the bar, a confused member of bar staff and us feeling rather embarrassed. I'm not going to go into too much detail. What needs to happen at this place is the person who greets you at the door should explain what happens here. A simple, you wait here and a waitress will come and take your drinks order and bring the drinks to you. We will let you know when an area to eat is available. Otherwise how do people know you don't approach the bar like in any other restaurant/bar? While we were drinking later we noticed a couple do exactly the same thing at the bar. They seemed so embarrassed by it that they actually left and I bet they don't return. Was probably a bit to do with the snobby looking people stood at the bar obviously offended by people trying to encroach on their "space". Would have been nice of them to maybe help the newbies out by telling them they didn't need to come to the bar. All of this could have been avoided if better information was provided at arrival. Apart from that the food is very good although quite pricey for tapas.

• Visited January 2013