“Good atmosphere, nice decor”

O'Neill's Muswell Hill
Ranked #4,388 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ontario
“Good atmosphere, nice decor”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were recommended to visit O'Neills on Muswell Hill to take a look because it was converted from a church - it's a nice spot.

Good service from Aaron and others. We went there few times, first time drinks with appetizers/snacks, we like the price and food so we went back another time for Fish and Chips, then again for another dinner. It's a busy location and all servers worked very hard to keep the clients happy.

• Visited September 2013

Chester, United Kingdom
“Could do better.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Pleasant service and handy for a quick meal but nothing special - did I expect anything special? I'm not sure. Anyway, I ordered soup to start followed by steak and guinness pie, chips and peas.
The main course arrived before I had finished the soup. The apologetic server was hesitant but I asked him to leave it anyway as I feared it would be taken away and heated up again. In my opinion McDonald's style skinny fries are not a good partner for a pie especially when served with 15, yes 15! rather grey coloured peas. Poor selection of real ales - had the ubiquitous 'London Pride' that was average.

• Visited September 2013
, England, United Kingdom
“First time I've been to church this year!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Well church is much better than i remember it ! Lively BBQ burger and a pint of guinness. Live the feel of the place.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“not welcome here if you have a family!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Epic disappointment!!! A so called Irish pub (Oirish plastic Paddy more like)
With the website promise of a "cead mile failte" and an invitation to "just drop by and make yourself at home" we duly traipsed across North London on Paddy's Day, for what we thought would be an authentic Irish atmosphere.
So much for the promised "warm welcome", we arrived at 2.30 and there was a handwritten sign on the door saying no children after 3pm!!

Now, I'm from Ireland so I know Saint Patrick's Day is the biggest family day of the year and pubs the length and breadth of the country will be heaving with families. (Hell, even my local English pub welcome kids with open arms and make the effort!)
Well, we had barely finished eating and had only half finished our Guinness, when we were approached and asked to leave the, still half-empty, pub.

I asked the manager why on earth any self-respecting Irish establishment would stoop so low as to eject an extremely well behaved Irish family on a St. Patrick's Day? He just mumbled something about a band playing at 5pm and they don't allow kids to live music events. Seriously??!! That is such a huge part of our culture but, heigh ho, evidently not in Muswell Hill (there was no mention of this on the website either, how very helpful)
I mentioned we'd travelled a bit to get here and suggested that there were still 2 hours left between 3pm and 5pm but he just shook his head and walked off!

Don't believe the hype, it's hollow sound-bites, especially if you have a family ("Irish pubs are known for their hospitality - a point we love proving here. So come and see for yourself soon. Sláinte!" Oh, the irony...)
Yes, it's a cool building but devoid of any real heart and soul, if our experience is anything to go by.

Next year it's back to Ye Olde Cherry Tree for us, it may be an English pub but there's always a warm welcome and the Guinness is actually far, far better there too....

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Original Pub”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

At least it is not a usual Pub.. It is inside a CHURCH! I went on a saturday at Lunch and it was really nice and quiet enough atmosphere. The food is not great but not that bad either and for that price you cannot really expect much more anyway... It is really cheap! I will definitely try once at night to see the atmosphere...
If you are in the area of Muswell Hill would definitely go and have drink there.

• Visited March 2013