“Not for single traveller”

Ibis London Stratford
Ranked #455 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel OK with bits of the room pretty tired. The hotel menu was very limited. The location is not good for a solo traveller as there is nowhere I felt safe to walk to in the evening and only a Nandos directly underneath. I would not have wanted to go there on my own in that area. Difficult to find as it is through a shopping centre (not the big Westfield one). Good if you need to be in that area and good transport links. I didn't think it was worth the rates charged.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Ibis London Stratford. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ibis London Stratford. Kind Regards, Funmi Onafeko, General Manager

An Accor traveler
Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank An Accor traveler

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is exactly what it says on the tin....a budget hotel with no frills. Check in was slow and we were given two rooms overlooking the road. Unfortunately, in one of the rooms the toilet didn't flush and had constant running water. Upon inspection by one of the staff we were promptly moved to another room overlooking a Morrison's supermarket. All was fine until about 11.30pm, when a large lorry noisily arrived to make a delivery. For the next three hours there was constant banging and rattling, together with shouting and some swearing. I breathed a sigh of relief when the lorry eventually left and I managed to grab a couple of hours sleep. Unfortunately, that was all the sleep I was going to have, as yet another lorry arrived and was duly unloaded!! Changing rooms in the middle of the night was not an option, especially as we had already shifted everything once. My son, who was still in a room overlooking the road, said his room was fine and he managed to get a good night's sleep. The rooms themselves are basic but clean.

Another downside is that there is no car parking near to the hotel and we had to park at The Westfield Shopping Centre which was a good 10/15 minute walk away, although at £5 for 24 hours, was good value.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room at the front overlooking the road and not at the back overlooking Morrison'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis London Stratford. I was sorry to read that you found your room noisy. Please feel free to let us know immediately if you have any concerns during your stay in the future. The team are available 24 hours a day and are always available to help. Kind regards, Funmi Onafeko, General Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The IBIS Stratford was a complete rip-off. But we had just travelled 11 thousand miles and needed to get a bed. Almost everything about the IBIS was terrible...most of all value for money...We were grossly overcharged and gossly underprovided for. The room was tiny.There wasn't even a box of tissues in the room. Or any toiletries. Or a fridge..or a safe. The aircon didn't work properly, you had to pay to watch terrestrial TV. When we asked to keep our milk in their fridge they refused. To top it all. they were undergoing renovation and the reception was a building site. The emergency exit was propped open all the time we were there. People stood there to smoke. When it came to us leaving it was closed. I asked if I could use it to take my luggage to the car park and was told "sorry but it is for emergencies only" and for this hellish experience we paid 113 pounds per night!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
8  Thank Rajan S

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis London Stratford .I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and our main priority during the refurbishment was to minimise any disruption to our guests. Please feel free to email me on h3099-gm@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, Funmi Onafeko

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Dirty room , dirty carpet our feet went black with a few steps, the AC not working , terrible hot at night , no shampoo, no nothing in the bath , in the WC a someone's personal hair
simply disgusting.

Room Tip: don't choose this hotel
8  Thank ger l

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis London Stratford .I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to email me on h3099-gm@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, Funmi Onafeko

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just come back from a few days in this "hotel". After a long taxi ride from the airport we arrived tired and hungry at our hotel to discover that the bar and restaurant was being renovated. The only option was room service for dinner and considering my friend and I were staying in wheelchair accessible rooms on different floors that really wasnt a good option. So I went to my room to be hit by a awful smell in the bathroom. Apparently from the drain. So the slightly confused staff (a common theme with the staff) went to try to do something. Opened a window and turned the extremely noisy air con.
More on the wheelchair accessible room. The bed which comfortwise wasnt too bad was really too big for the room and didnt give me a lot of room to move in my chair in and out of the door.
Next morning we discovered that the only breakfast we could get was tea/coffee orange juice and a muffin to take away!
The only solution was really to eat eveything out which of course added to the cost of our weekend.
The final comment I'll make is if you are checking out and want to leave your bags they will try to charge you 2 pounds for the pleasure.
Luckily there was a manager there on Monday when we were leaving who we complained to and we managed to get 50 pounds off the price.
A prerequisite I think for a hotel should be that the staff have some level of English which quite simply the majority of the staff didnt. There was a lot of confused looks and hesitation when asked the most simple of questions. Overall do not stay here I'll pay the extra money next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank KevinGeo
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis London Stratford. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. Our main priority was to minimise any disruption to our guests and your cooperation and understanding have been much appreciated. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis London Stratford. Kind Regards, Funmi Onafeko General Manager

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had booked a special with this hotel which included 'champagne on arrival, free breakfast and 10% discount on shopping at Westfields'
On arrival my partner was asked for the card that he had booked with. He produced this card but didn't know his PIN number for it. He didn't think it would be needed as the room had been fully paid for at time of booking. The man on reception didn't seem to understand that my partner couldn't pull a PIN number out of a hat. However, after some confusion reception said that they could cancel the original transaction and we could pay with an alternative card.
There was no Champagne offered or the VIP discount voucher,but these were both provided to us once I asked for them. It wasn't a good start.

The hotel itself is apparently a 2* but in our opinion is worth much more. The rooms are spotlessly clean and bright. The beds and bedding are very comfortable. The breakfast buffet choice is good and fresh. The staff are friendly and polite and try to be helpful.

The location is ideal for Westfields which is only a short walk away. Our stay was ideal for the concert we were going to at the Olympic park.

Overall this was a pleasant stay and we would recommend, but make sure you take the card you booked with and know the PIN number!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Ibis London Stratford. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Kind regards, Funmi Onafeko