“UNSATISFACTORY STAY”

Ibis London Stratford
Ranked #448 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Date of stay 12March 2013, could not get into my room late at night - door connection was not working - made complaint to manager who is aware of situation - Mr Nielsen.
NOT satisfactory, disappointed, expect a full refund and anything else that can be offered to compensate.
have stopped there before with no problems, very disappointed with this experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
6  Thank howlongnige
IbisStratfordGM, Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a comment. I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. please contact me directly on H3099-GM@accor.com so we can resolve this matter quickly.

Funmi Onafeko

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very good value; breakfast quality better than in many London four star hotels. Easy access through Stratford stations. Room mostly quiet at night - just one late night noisy couple going back to room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Stratford. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on a night out in London. Not that we went out in Startford (that would be silly) but we headed for the City and this hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Central Line tube which will take you to the City and West End.

The room rates are low, the rooms themselves are clean, tidy and comfortable but breakfast wasn't included. It can be added for a few pounds.

A great thing was that we could all drive to the Westfield Shopping Centre which is a 5 walk away and park for 24 hours for £5. This offer runs out at the end of March 2013 I believe so get in quick. A lack of parking is one of the downsides to this hotel but if you come by public transport it's on the doorstep.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the bar stays open 24 hours a day. What more cold you want!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This Ibis has one massive plus over some other hotels in the Ibis chain - really comfortable beds!
Some of their other establishments have wafer thin 'mattresses' which really don't help in getting a good nights sleep. But no problems at Stratford at all.
The rooms are the standard Ibis fare, - and there's nothing wrong with that. You have an excellent shower, a modern tv, tea and coffee making facilities and plenty of storage.
Although the rooms are fairly featureless, they are more than adequate for anyone looking for a room on a tight budget.
The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the mainline and tube stations, as is the huge Westfields shopping centre and a casino. There is a Nandos chicken restaurant right next door to the Ibis.
Parking may be a bit of a problem, but we got round that by leaving the car in the nice secure carpark of Westfields, which cost us the bargain sum of a fiver for 24 hours.
Staff at the hotel were excellent, but then they always are with this chain. They could really teach the miserable beggars who work for the Hilton Group a few things about genuine customer service.
This place is a credible budget option for people who want to visit London and who cannot (will not) pay the rip-off prices charged by some hotels in the capital. (Why does Hilton spring to mind again?)
Oh - the bar will remain open 24/7 if guests want a very late nightcap, and the prices are more than reasonable.
Can't comment on the breakfast, as I didn't have any.
I WILL be staying again, - absolutely no doubt about that!

Room Tip: This is a cheap hotel, - you will not get a fancy suite, so just kick back and take whatever's o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Yes this hotel location is good for getting around Westfield within walking distance ,
Room comfortable staff friendly but not that efficient .

Food discussing over cooked and tasteless ,
Not sure that I would stay here again no free wifi

• Stayed: February 2013
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I was very happy to read that you fount the hotel comfortable and the staff helpful, I trust that you slept well in our brand new Ibis Sweet Beds.

I was sad to read that you experienced issues with the food in our restaurant we are in a process of renewing our whole approach to the dining experience by introducing new dishes but also offering the old favorites that we all love. Your comments will help us in improving the food experience and are much appreciated.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to give you a truly hassle free stay on your next visit to London,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Convenient for the Stratford tube and mainline station, I stayed in the Ibis for one night after an event at the O2.
My double room was comfortable and clean - and actually pretty spacious.
The lift was broken when I arrived, but the receptionist told me this, explained that the engineers had been called, and said she'd find me a first floor room to make it easier with my luggage.
Lowlight: while I was in the room, someone else came in having been given the key for the same room when they checked in a couple of hours after me. Reception called to apologise.
Highlight: the shower was very, very good - powerful, hot, well designed, plenty big enough, place for toiletries on a shelf and not on the floor.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I was very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with and a good night sleep.

As I am sure the team explained we did expect some issues with the lift which was solved, please accept my sincere apology for this and the disturbance to your room, I can assure you that guest security is our highest priority.

I hope that you had a great time in the O2 which is a fantastic venue and just 15 minutes away from us.

I am very much looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Spent 1 night at this Ibis after wanting to spend a couple of days away and have the option of going in the City but without having to pay over the odds to stay.

Yes the rooms are tired and could do with some TLC, but in the main I wasn't expecting to act like Hyacinth Buckét and go round the skirting boards with white gloves checking for dust! Not sure what some previous guests were expecting really!

The room facilities were good. You have tea and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, a tv and space to hang you clothes. Seriously what more do you need?? Yes it is in a very busy location but I was not kept awake by the traffic noise and I am a notorious light sleeper!

The best thing was how comfortable the bed was. Best nights sleep I've had from a hotel bed. The Reception staff were extremely polite and friendly. Would definitely use this hotel again. They offer an excellent service of leaving your luggage with them so you can go and shop at Westfield and collect your luggage later. Excellent hotel. Well done Ibis. Don't go changing, unless it is to tart up the rooms a bit!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I was very pleased to read that you had a good stay with us. It especially made me happy to read that you had a great night sleep in our all new Ibis Sweet Beds which we have just rolled out throughout our network, I can only agree with you that the beds are very comfortable and offers a great night sleep.

I will share your comments with the entire team and we all look forward to welcome you back to Ibis London Stratford,