“basic business hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“basic business hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good location with a basic small rooms. Toliets are clean. Bsic breakfast with the sme menu. Very close to main station. You get many resturents in & around the area.I have styed for 4 times in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, it is always nice to get compliments from our regular guests. I was happy to read that you find our rooms clean and comfortable also that our location catered to your needs as a business guest.

We all look forward to welcome you back during your next visit to London,

Mads Nielsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Derbys
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Ibis Stratford whilst having a weekend in London visiting galleries and seeing family.
The room was very good and although on the front was not noisy and the beds were very comfy..my husband slept better than at home!
The breakfast was very good; there was a wide selection of cereals with dried fruit to add if required, orange juice, a choice of hot drinks which were very enjoyable,cheese, cold meat, yoghurts,croissants, muffins,and hot food consisting of scrambled eggs, beans,lovely bacon, nice sausages and hash browns. There is some form of breakfast available from 4am to 12 noon.
Food is available 24 hours a day and we had a light meal when we arrived in the late evening which was tasty and reasonably priced.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
There was a requirement to produce the card used for booking but it was explained that this is a security measure and is used by other organisations such as rail booking companies and other hotel chains.
The new Westfield shopping centre is a short walk as is Stratford station. We would certainly stay again if we were travelling by train as it is easy to access the centre of London too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I can tell you that the team and I were very happy to read them.

I was especially happy to read that you slept well in our new "Sweet Bed's" which has just been rolled out to the entire Ibis network, and I must confess that I sleep better in these beds than my own.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to London,

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The stay was generally okay. The location was good in that it was close to Stratford tube station and close to the amazing Westfield shopping centre. However the actual location wasn't the best. The main thing I'd like to complain about is the noise; in the room we stayed in (not sure if it's the same case for other rooms) we could hear everything that was going on in the streets. Not sure if this is due to poorly fitted windows. But in general it was a mediocre stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us on New Year’s Eve.

I was happy to read that you found our location suitable for shopping and restaurants in Stratford and Westfield, we are also an easy walk from tube stations with easy access to London city centre.

I was sad to read that you did experience issues with noise. We do have triple glazing in all bedrooms to minimize noise levels, as with our city centre location, there is a certain level of noise coming from the streets which sadly is unavoidable.

We do have bedrooms facing our inner courtyard which does offer less noise, for your next visit we would be very happy to offer you one of these rooms.

Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next visit to London,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my 4 th time in the hotel and this time they came up with their own unwritten policies.
Booked my room online, gtc: 'the card will be charged upon arrival.' However unwritten policy is that i must have the card with me! S what is the point to 'facilitate' booking with online payment if this will not be accepted upon arrival. Nor the staff nor the management were willing to find a solution to their unwritten policies!
Really unpleasant to deal with all their stupid new rules after a long trip! Last time i am here for sure!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Jone T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I was very sad to read that you were not satisfied with your stay due to the payment procedures.

The procedure is in place to safeguard our customers Credit Card and to minimize misuse of cards when paying online. Your comments will help us to improve the communication of this procedure to our guests.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to give you a truly hassle free stay on your next visit to London,

Cambridge, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during the Olympics, and chose it for the location. Stratford Station, Westfield Mall, and Olympic Park are a 10-minute stroll away. The down side was having to pay for wi-fi and parking (we quickly discovered that the Starbucks and McDonald's down the street had free wi-fi.) One more thing worth mentioning was the excellent customer service. When I booked, it was for a double room, but when we arrived, we were given a room with 2 twins by mistake, and there were no other rooms available. To make up for it, we were offered a double room for the second night and parking for our entire stay was free. For this alone, I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments I was pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and found the location ideal for the Olympics and the shopping.

I was sad to read that there were some issues with your room allocation please accept my sincere apology for this, however I was pleased that the issue was solved to your satisfaction.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to London,

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as a part of a business trip and found that the hotel is quite comfortable. The location has its advantage being close to the Stratford station, bus stops, shopping area, entertainment areas, restaurant and super markets. We opt for room only basis as I wanted to eat out and get a cooked breakfast which I am used to. I feel it is a comfortable option although it is somewhat away from central London and is ideal for business visitors. Be aware that there are quite a number of non-British communities roam around, most of them being Eastern Europeans. Please avoid unwanted gatherings and talking to unwanted visitors.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the elevator can be disturbing at times and also 1st floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you had a good stay with us and found our location convenient for transport, restaurants and shopping.

I will be sharing your comments with the team as I am sure that it will help us to become even better.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is located at a 2 minute distance from Southark tube, so the location is good, and so are the rooms. But the hotel did not even have basic stuff when I asked for it – toothpaste. First they said they never keep it for guests, and later said that they were out of stock for that day! Apart from that, everything was fine. The breakfast buffet is also quite good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments, I was very pleased to read that you had a good stay with us. I have taken note of the issue you faced with the Toothpaste and can assure you that this has now been corrected, please accept my sincere apology for this issue.

Me and the team are looking forward to welcome you back to the Ibis London Stratford,