“Internal unwritten policies”

Ibis London Stratford
Ranked #461 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is my 4 th time in the hotel and this time they came up with their own unwritten policies.
Booked my room online, gtc: 'the card will be charged upon arrival.' However unwritten policy is that i must have the card with me! S what is the point to 'facilitate' booking with online payment if this will not be accepted upon arrival. Nor the staff nor the management were willing to find a solution to their unwritten policies!
Really unpleasant to deal with all their stupid new rules after a long trip! Last time i am here for sure!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Jone T
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I was very sad to read that you were not satisfied with your stay due to the payment procedures.

The procedure is in place to safeguard our customers Credit Card and to minimize misuse of cards when paying online. Your comments will help us to improve the communication of this procedure to our guests.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to give you a truly hassle free stay on your next visit to London,

There are newer reviews for Ibis London Stratford

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during the Olympics, and chose it for the location. Stratford Station, Westfield Mall, and Olympic Park are a 10-minute stroll away. The down side was having to pay for wi-fi and parking (we quickly discovered that the Starbucks and McDonald's down the street had free wi-fi.) One more thing worth mentioning was the excellent customer service. When I booked, it was for a double room, but when we arrived, we were given a room with 2 twins by mistake, and there were no other rooms available. To make up for it, we were offered a double room for the second night and parking for our entire stay was free. For this alone, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments I was pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and found the location ideal for the Olympics and the shopping.

I was sad to read that there were some issues with your room allocation please accept my sincere apology for this, however I was pleased that the issue was solved to your satisfaction.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to London,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as a part of a business trip and found that the hotel is quite comfortable. The location has its advantage being close to the Stratford station, bus stops, shopping area, entertainment areas, restaurant and super markets. We opt for room only basis as I wanted to eat out and get a cooked breakfast which I am used to. I feel it is a comfortable option although it is somewhat away from central London and is ideal for business visitors. Be aware that there are quite a number of non-British communities roam around, most of them being Eastern Europeans. Please avoid unwanted gatherings and talking to unwanted visitors.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the elevator can be disturbing at times and also 1st floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you had a good stay with us and found our location convenient for transport, restaurants and shopping.

I will be sharing your comments with the team as I am sure that it will help us to become even better.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is located at a 2 minute distance from Southark tube, so the location is good, and so are the rooms. But the hotel did not even have basic stuff when I asked for it – toothpaste. First they said they never keep it for guests, and later said that they were out of stock for that day! Apart from that, everything was fine. The breakfast buffet is also quite good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments, I was very pleased to read that you had a good stay with us. I have taken note of the issue you faced with the Toothpaste and can assure you that this has now been corrected, please accept my sincere apology for this issue.

Me and the team are looking forward to welcome you back to the Ibis London Stratford,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

if you want a hotel that is clean and easy reach of pubs and shops and are working near or on the olympic areas then this is a great hotel with friendly and helpful staff.There is virtually no parking spaces and not many car parks within the area with the exception of the westfield centre.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank briangilmore

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind reply which I will share with the entire team. On your next visit we do have carparking close to the hotel at the Stratford Shopping Centre 5 min from the hotel, they charge £25 per 24 hrs parking.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to London,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at The Ibis Stratford on business at it is just a couple of stops on the tube from Liverpool St. Friendly helpful staff, clean rooms and hotel 5 minute walk from Stratford station.and the Westfield shopping centre.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I was very happy to read that you had a good stay with us. We are very fortunate to be located so close to public transport and also London's largest shopping center Westfield's.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Ibis London Stratford,

Reviewed December 8, 2012

A short walk from Stratfield station and shopping centre, the Hotel Ibis is well located. It's also cheap. My room cost £55, which is excellent value. The lobby and bar area are rather drab brightly lit, but the room was very clean with an ensuite bathroom in a curved pod, which I rather liked. Service was good, with some friendly young French staff. They sorted a taxi for me in the morning very quickly. The breakfast was pretty dreary. There's probably a cafe nearby where you could do better. But overall a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff as I am sure thay will also be happy to read them.

We are always striving to improve and your comments regarding the breakfast will help us make your buffet offering more interesting, we have recently added two new items to the hot buffet giving our customers added value.

We are looking forward to your next visit,