“Clean and very good value”

Ibis London Stratford
Ranked #470 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Maidenhead
“Clean and very good value”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

A short walk from Stratfield station and shopping centre, the Hotel Ibis is well located. It's also cheap. My room cost £55, which is excellent value. The lobby and bar area are rather drab brightly lit, but the room was very clean with an ensuite bathroom in a curved pod, which I rather liked. Service was good, with some friendly young French staff. They sorted a taxi for me in the morning very quickly. The breakfast was pretty dreary. There's probably a cafe nearby where you could do better. But overall a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff as I am sure thay will also be happy to read them.

We are always striving to improve and your comments regarding the breakfast will help us make your buffet offering more interesting, we have recently added two new items to the hot buffet giving our customers added value.

We are looking forward to your next visit,

Mads Nielsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Small things were missing here - no shampoo, lotion, etc. No tissues in the room. These small things make a big difference and don't cost much! Also parking was a real problem. Parking in the multi storey was 25 pounds per day but in Westfieldshopping center only 5 but a good 15 minute walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback which we greatly appresiate as it helps us to improve and better our services.

In all Ibis hotels we do offer Shampoo in dispencers in the shower room, I am truely sorry if this was not provided to you and will pass on your comments to my head housekeeper to investigate.

Parking in London can be an issue and also costly. We are fortunate that we have a large, secure indoore carparking garages 5 minutes walking from the hotel, the cost is £25 per 24hrs which is very common in London. Alternatively we are also only 5 min walk from some very good public transport links which connects you to London center and Canary Warf in lass than 15 minutes.

Again I want to thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will visit us again next time you are in London,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed at the Ibis when in London for the weekend. It's ideally located, close to transport links, Westfield shopping and University of East London (reason for my visit). The room was very comfortable, the bed particularly so, and I had a very good night's sleep. It's noticeably nicer than big budget chain hotels, which I often use, so it was a nice change. There was much more variety at breakfast than I had expected, and it's served late which is great. Food is also available 24-hours I believe, and my partner and I were very grateful for a good-value and tasty stuffed-crust pizza when we arrived back late. The bathroom was almost like a space-age pod which I personally found very novel. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming. I will no-doubt be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which was a pleasure to read. We do pride ourselfs of beeing the best budget chain in the UK and we have just installed our new "Sweet Bed" concept taking the guest comfort to a new level.

I was pleased that you enjoyed the location as Stratford has seen some major city development over the past years in preperations for the Olympics, as well the area will continue this development as the Olympic Park is opening to the public.

We are looking very forward to welcome you back during your next visit,

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed during the Paralympics. Hotel was convenient for the Olypic Stadium but very well priced. Rooms are basic but well designed with great use of space. Helpful staff and a reasonable breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and it was a pleasure to read that you had a good stay with us.

We are all looking forward to your next visit,

Hertfordshire
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just back from the WTM. This hotel was well located for communicating easily to the Excel centre. 15 mins by tube. Hotel is clean and was perfect for my business visit. No great views. But quiet and just what I needed. Breakfast served its purpose. Self-service and lots of choice. Shower was hot with good towels.

Even walking distance to Westfield Shopping Centre, where I had my evening meal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you had a good stay with us. We thank you for your kind comments and feedback.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London,