“Great find, perfect before a show”
Review of Cay Tre Soho

Cay Tre Soho
Ranked #3,171 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Our modern Vietnamese restaurant in Soho emulates busy Vietnamese life, serving classic pho and aromatic street food.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very pleased that we walked past many other restaurants before choosing this one - it was well worth it. Excellent food, very good service, great vegetarian selection. I will definitely try to visit again. Very conveniently situated near the shows.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our reservation was somehow not on their system so we were put up on a shared table, which was fine. I find the restaurant ridiculously noisy. We arrived at 7pm, and you can hardly hear yourself speak so it is very difficult to have a conversation; it's like eating at the bars that litter all over soho rather than a restaurant. Service is friendly. Although food was fairly average. We ordered some starters, tofu summer roll (quite bland with overpoweringly salty sauce), chicken wings with anchovies marinate (fine) and sweet potato shrimp fritter (nice!). For main I had the garlicky Hanoi pho, whose stock and beef were rather bland on this occasion.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have also been to the original Cay tre in Old street but this place is half the distance, costs a bit more but overall more convenient. Menu has a great choice and also for vegetarians. I loved the vietnames rice paper rolls, the mango salad, the whole mackerel, the jasmine tolkin flower stir fry, the lamb curry with little rolls of rice noodles. A great experience overall and very good value for menu.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have eaten here at least a dozen times and it is always delicious. I have taken friend, family, boyfriends, colleagues and they all loved it. It has a great ambience, incredible food and friendly service at a very reasonable price. Can't rate it highly enough.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been here a couple of times now and love it. The food is amazing, great service and I love the music and atmosphere. Pretty authentic Vietnamese food and very reasonably priced. I am recommending to everyone and would go again!