“Great Vietnamese food and excellent service”
Review of Cay Tre Soho

Cay Tre Soho
Ranked #3,500 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Our modern Vietnamese restaurant in Soho emulates busy Vietnamese life, serving classic pho and aromatic street food.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Two of us were in Soho, tried and failed at the Burger and Lobster place(2 Hour wait!) so tried this very busy packed out kitchen type place.. The front staff were great and said we could be in in 15 minutes(it was 10) and apologised for it being so noisy (which it is at the back). We were offered a less noisy slot with a 30 min wait but were hungry.
And what a place it is. Excellent,helpful staff telling us what things were that other people were eating.Reasonably priced wine(we had the rose) and then the best bit,the food.
The spicy squid was brilliant , the aubergine great and mains,superb. I think one was a ban po and cannot remember the other but I know what it looks like!
We weill definitely go back with friends who don't mind noise!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went for the third time last week after being previously in August and November, and have enjoyed the food each time I've been. The chilli squid in particular is great (though not cheap at £9 a pop) and the prawn summer rolls absolutely delicious. My beef pho this time was a bit disappointing though - not much flavour (I had to add a lot of chilli sauce and I'm not usually one for adding heat). Its a pretty good place for Vietnamese in Soho and although not the cheapest a good choice on a weekday night.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We visited the restaurant in December for dinner on a Saturday night. I booked the table via the website and was impressed that the restaurant telephoned me a few minutes later to confirm the booking. When we arrived it was exceptionally busy but we were given our table without any waiting. Throughout our visit the staff were extremely helpful and the service was very good with very little waiting time between courses. We are both very keen to visit Vietnam as we have visited a number of other countries in Asia, over the years we have eaten in some very good restaurants in the UK and abroad and the Cay Tre did not disappoint. Don't be put off by the reviews on here as we thought the food was fantastic and the cocktails to share are delicious! The restaurant offers several set or taster menus and I would recommend these as they give a good overall taster of Vietnamese food. All in all a great night out and one that we will be repeating very soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

For those who complained about the service, you have to understand that this place serves Vietnamese street food - not fanciful European fusion food. Almost everything has to be assembled and cooked after the customer has ordered and this takes time. I have say they are pretty short-handed during rush hours - however, they do try to do their best.

This is my 2nd favourite Vietnamese restaurant in London - the best being Song Que, which is at Kingsland Road, which is a long track from West London.

If you like SE-Asia street food and have the patience to wait for good things, this is the place. Make sure you call ahead for reservations during busy time.

4  Thank martinng
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Manager and Hostess are fabulous, service and friendliness is great. I have always enjoyed the food and except for a slower service on Sundays I would definitely recommend this restaurant.