“Stunning location, awful service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Booking Office

The Booking Office
Reserve with OpenTable
The Booking Office is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,129 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in the original station's ticket hall, the Booking Office Bar & Restaurant at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel is one of the most inspirational places to enjoy a drink in the City. Reviving the tradition of the station cafe, the cathedral-like drama of the space, combined with 29m-long bar and menu serving classic British dishes, are conversation-stoppers at any time of day. A striking setting for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, the Booking Office also offers an array of punches and mixed drinks recreated from lost recipes from the Victorian era, as well as a range of bespoke and seasonal cocktails.
South West London
“Stunning location, awful service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visited for the first time last week, having booked online. No record on one piece of paper of my be booking, but eventually found on another. I asked if my guest had arrived. No, I was told. On sitting down, I checked my phone and saw the poor thing was wandering around outside having been told I had no reservation. Hopeless. And when challenged about this not especially apologetic either. Food was perfectly good, the setting is gorgeous and it's a convenient location. But sharpen up your act, guys. Really.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hotelsarelovely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leeds
“Gorgeous bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This isn't the sort of place I would usually choose to spend time, because in all honesty my style has always been about the rustic/ cheap/ delicious hidden gems that come with a very modest price tag. I was making a trip down to London to catch up with my dad, and having seen a feature on this place on worldsbestbars.com insisted on meeting him here around lunch time. We did not eat but we stayed for a couple of quiet drinks. I had a delightful and blindingly spicy bloody mary (how I always order it), and my dad was somewhat appeased by the fact they had Harvestons bitter and twisted on tap (as this is a place he would normally never enter). The decor is absolutely stunning, the service incredibly efficient / formal, the food that was coming out of the kitchen smelt fantastic and was wonderfully presented but in all honesty it is a very pricey place. I can't fault anything there, but it's the kind of place to go for an occasional treat. I have no doubt in my mind that I will be returning (relatively bold claim considering I live and work in Leeds) but a wonderful overall experience :)

• Visited August 2012
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Wonderful breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful, diverse breakfast prior to a busy day watching the Paralympics.

The old booking office has been lovingly and stylishly converted in to an intriguing dining area with excellent service.

Fairly pricey, but a nice treat.

• Visited September 2012
London, UK
“Cooking breakfast is not rocking science, is it?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've stayed at the St Pancras Renaissance many times since its re-opening, and have always been happy there despite the sluggish service at the Booking Office and some other hiccups, like staff that can't speak English to save their lives. Always until now, that is. Today, they've beaten their personal slowness record, keeping us waiting for our humble scrambled eggs, bacon and baked beans for a whopping hour, which was when we gave up and purchased some sandwiches from the Station Boots. I forgave the hotel when they showed little to no response to my handbag being stolen from under their noses in November 2011, only to tell us during our next visit that we could safely leave our belongings at the table, as they had no safety issues. This time, there won't be a return visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MademoiselleMaupin
Ashford kent
“A drink with friend but sat in Lobby instead!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Planned to meet a friend ifor a drink n this bar/restaurant which is within St Pancras Renaissance Hotel as very convenient for the station. Amazing looking building, very opulent and spacious. I didn't book which is recommended especially as it was Saturday evening. There seemed to be lots of staff around who approach to assist; I was informed by one of them that it was unlikely I would get a table. But quickly decided this didn't matter as didn't want to sit there as it was SOOO noisy! High echoey ceilings, stone and wooden floors and to top it all, a live band playing made it almost impossible to have a conversation without shouting. I bought a pineapple juice which cost a whopping £4.50 at the bar and then sat in the lobby next door which was equally lovely as well as cooler and quiet. There are staff serving at the tables here also. Met up with my friends, has one more drink each and then moved on.

• Visited December 2012