“Go on this tour!”

Archaeologist Guided Tours
Ranked #36 of 710 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: You will enjoy the passion and enthusiasm expressed by our professional, Archaeologist tour leaders on our fantastic and inspiring day trips. Archaeologist Guided Tours offers a unique opportunity to explore the world famous Stonehenge and Avebury Prehistoric Landscapes with guided by a qualified archaeologist. Included in this day tour - Return travel from central London visiting Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Durrington Walls, Salisbury Cathedral, Bath, Avebury and the West Kennett burial tomb.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Never written a review before but wanted to give this tour as much praise as possible! It really was a great day out and I couldn't reccommend it enough. The memories from our day will stay with us forever. If you are thinking of going - do it! Thank you.

2  Thank Fredrick F
There are newer reviews for Archaeologist Guided Tours

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This tour was the highlight of my 5 weeks in Europe. Having Edward, an experienced archaeologist, on the tour made all the difference. He was knowledable and his enthiusiasm and passion rubbed off on everyone. We visited places the tour buses don't go such as Woodhenge, Silbury Hill, the West Kennett Long Barrow and Avebury. And we beat the big tour buses to Stonehenge! The time spent in Bath was a wonderful bonus. I was looking forward to this tour and was not dissappointed. I did and saw things I will never forget.

1  Thank Johnmac27
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This tour is AWESOME. Our tour guide, Edward, was incredibly knowledgable and passionate about Stonehenge, Bath, and Avebury. The tour also knows the 'best' times to get to the venues to avoid the crowds. The visit to Avebury was very unique and was a great last stop for the tour - a visit to the Red Lion Pub is a MUST! This is a relatively small group tour (about 10-15 people). Our limo-bus driver was excellent, friendly, and always ahead of schedule. One of the BEST tours we have ever been on...thanks for a great day!

1  Thank tgrice4psu
Reviewed June 25, 2012

A wonderful day. I have not been outside of London before my tour to Stonehenge, Bath and Avebury. Our archaeologist was excellent both with facts and socially. All of these locations were beautiful, this will be a day I will never forget. Thank You

1  Thank lee b
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I just attended a day-long trip with our guide, Edward, to Stonehenge and surrounding monuments, the beautiful city of Bath for a midday break, and Avebury and surrounding monuments in the afternoon. It was an absolute delight! Edward was VERY well-educated and prepared - and enthusiastic - about background, details, context, history, and insights regarding the sites and the stories and archaeological theories around their creation and use over the millennia. The tour bus was very nice, Bath is a BEAUTIFUL city, and all in all it was a delightful, educational, and enriching day. We will be telling everyone we can about how much we enjoyed it, and recommending it to potential travellers.

1  Thank Rick D