“Not bad!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed March 7, 2019

I have been there with my boyfriend for dinner. We had a Groupon, and the value is amazing for what you get, no doubt about that. The food was okay although when we ordered lamb tikka and chicken tikka they arrived both grilled, super dry, and with no sauce or cream but maybe that's just our misconception of tikka masala? The real downside was that... Whilst I really appreciated the quietness (there was just another couple in the restaurant), it did mean that the waiter-restaurant owner was kind of pressurising.. He would stare at us and every time we would finish a dish he would rush to come and get it. Not very pleasant.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Excellent little "out of the way" restaurant with really good prices. Delicious food, presented nicely. Cannot fault it for the money. 40 quid and we where stuffed.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Friendly but very poor service.
Good menu, but badly cooked.
The fish was edible and spicy (usually a good thing, but the chilli had clearly been added as an afterthought and was merely hot and rather disgusting).

Broccoli overdone and inedible.
Also the popadoms were soggy.

The plain rice was fine and the chapati was ok too.

The saag Dahl was less good than I can make (& I’m not much of a cook).

Best avoided. (I was with friends)

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 5, 2019

I enjoyed my meal at Romna. The customer service was prompt and generally excellent, the food was well-priced and the portion sizes were around average. It's quite a small place but I went when it just opened (6pm) so it wasn't an issue. Would definitely go again.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 21, 2019

We were a party of three and ordered a variety of dishes with a taste card. The food was incredibly tasty but we suspect that because we had a taste card, the portion sizes were seriously downsized. We would recommend starter, main, side, plus the usual rice and breads to be anywhere near full at the end of the meal. A shame really as we had really looked forward to eating at this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2019