“Good Dinner”

Quince
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Quince Restaurant, Bar and SalonSoulful, sensual and spirited, Quince is the perfect evocation of The May Fair's exuberant personality. A luxe eaterie with an engagingly everyday feel, it is at once alluring yet warmly familiar. Above all, the Quince experience embodies the elite of British produce reinterpreted with a European panache
Reviewed March 11, 2013

2 of us had dinner in Quince restaurant on a Friday eve recently. Maybe I was expecting more so I was a little disappointed - but it was still good. I have to thank our waiter Mostafa for his help and enthusiasm - an excellent ambassador for the restaurant. The 'Pulled lamb' was recommended and it was flavoursome - but only warm. I like hot food. The salmon was good - and hot. I realise now that the Lamb is slow cooked for 12 hours, so this has been kept warm since being cooked. I should learn from that. The starters and deserts were excellent as was the rice with our meals.So overall good but not great.

1  Thank peegee_pete

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a booking for 2:30, but then got busy and had to finish up some work, but they were happy to let us postpone. There were few choices to make, so I just mentioned that I was vegetarian and then they brought us everything. The white tea I had was fragrant and delicious, and the setting was quiet. There was plenty of food and sweets in the tray, though I'm not sure if they re-fill the tea or sweets if you ask.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I were treated to afternoon tea as a Christmas present and arranged to visit last Saturday afternoon. We were greeted with a smile and shown to our table where our waiter Mike took over. Mike was exceptional and made us feel very welcome as he took us through the menu and the vast range of tea options, explaining the different teas and making recommendations. My husband was delighted that we could have second helpings of sandwiches and scones all of which were fresh and delicious. We felt well looked after and were not rushed. The Mayfair is a very pleasant hotel and the Quincy restaurant and bar is spacious and comfortable. Very small point but the scones were rather small although you could ask for more!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were staying at the May Fair and decided to try the restaurant, and are so glad we did. The food was outstanding along with the service. Highly recommend!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having a last minute meeting arranged at a London hotel restaurant can be quite hit and miss but dining at Quince exceed expectations.
A warm and friendly atmosphere with an open plan kitchen where you can see all the chefs at work is always a real bonus as you can see the "magic" unfold upfront of you so to speak.

We were recommended the grazing menu which on paper does not look at lot but the plates just keep coming and coming.
From the homemade pitta bread with the avocado hummus to the crispy fried squid every dish was a winner for us.

From start to finish it was a very enjoyable dining experience and as we were leaving the chefs bidding you farewell certainly left a lasting impression that I will be back again soon.

I would fully recommend to anyone