“Music, staff, drinks amazing!”
Review of Zenna Bar

Zenna Bar
Ranked #3,921 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Zenna is a luxurious Indian themed cocktail bar in the heart of buzzing Soho with a unique cocktail list using sub-continental flavours and ingredients. Located beneath iconic Indian restaurant The Red Fort at Dean Street Soho, guests enter Zenna by steps lined with bronze water vessels of floating flowers and twinkling candles into this amazing "cocktail underworld". Decorated with azure blue walls, soft leather and Oriental rugs, Zenna is perfect for post-work cocktails or late night drinks. Guests can sit at the shimmering cocktail bar or escape to a low-lit alcove to enjoy some of the sub-continental drinks and delicacies on offer. With great DJs playing late into the evening, a buzzing atmosphere and central location, Zenna Bar is the perfect destination for a quiet drink at the end of a long day or for celebrating special occasions with a group of friends.
London, United Kingdom
“Music, staff, drinks amazing!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had heard about Zeena from some friends of mine and so decided to see what it was like. Myself and a few friends went down on Saturday night and it really lived up to what I had heard! The staff were all extremely friendly and bubbly and this did not stop as the night went on. The drinks were fabulous, amongst others, I had a Three berry daiquiri which was absolutely gorgeous! Considering how busy it got as the night went on I was surprised to see that the cocktails did not fall in quality!
The music throughout the night was great, the DJ really tailored it to what the crowd seemed to like which kept everyone dancing and having a good time.
Overall, it was a great night, great atmosphere and lovely staff will definitely be going back to Zeena in the very near future!

• Visited March 2013

UK
“Shocking customer service, and groping barman”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Good music. Unfortunately, this is where the good points end.

The service is appauling. A few of the staff we encountered were rude and arrogant. The waitress was not happy we hadn't paid her a discretionary service charge, and returned to the table and forced us to pay it. Her english was terrible, to point where she couldn't understand us. If you are going to work in a bar in London, I think it's crucial you can speak English. My friend ordered a cocktail with a specific request which was not met, and she couldn't understand, so we had to ask one of the barmen. This was the only pleasant member of staff we encountered all night. The bar manager (white shirt) was rude to another of my friends when she was ordering drinks, as he misheard her, then blamed her. Where is the customer service skills in this place?!

Some other guests were then seated at our table which we had reserved. There were 2 extra seats, so the waitress asked if we'd mind her seating 2 people there. The 2 people turned into 9 who were getting very drunk. One accidentally smashed her glass onto the table, which in turn smashed my friend's drink glass and sent glass flying towards her. She was extremely lucky to escape being cut, though she did have a few marks on her legs. The staff took ages to come and collect the dangerously sharp broken glass.

The waitress cleared away one of our drinks that wasn't finished, and when we complained, she told US off for where we had placed it on the table. I'm sorry, but you don't blame the customer.

The food was ok, but nothing special, and over priced for what you get.

To top off the terrible behaviour of staff, the manager in the white shirt was grinding and groping on the dance floor with other guests, and one of his own staff!! He was also wearing a wedding ring. Disgusting behaviour. He was such a creep staring at all the females.

If it wasn't for the good music and fellow company of my friends, we would have the most awful night out ever. Luckily we made the night for ourselves. Will never visit this place again.

TIP: Order from the bar and not the waitress, as you get charged a whopping 12.5% service charge, just for her to carry your drinks to the table!!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank PinkButterflyUK
London
“Fantastic night at Zenna Bar!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was the first time that I had been to Zenna Bar but not the last! I must have walked past it several times before I found it; a true secret gem. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed out. Still, the quality of cocktails were amazing and the staff made me feel like I was the only person in there; very accommodating and I had the cocktail made specifically for me.There are only 6 staff members that work there (3 boys and 3 girls) and they are obviously friends outside of work too as they were all making jokes, laughing and involving the customers as well. This makes a wonderful change to some places I have been and the staff clearly dislike each other. The dj was called Shom and he had everyone dancing from about 8pm. The manager, Ibo, was brilliant and we spoke frequently through out the night. Thank you to all the Zenna crew for a wonderful night.

London, United Kingdom
“Great gem in Soho with memorable cocktails and staff”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Wow! It doesn't look like much from the outside but making my downstairs to Zenna I was impressed. The decor really stood out to a gem of a hideaway. I've always been a cocktail fan, specifically mojitos, and can appreciate the choices on the menu. I have to say my fiance's elderflower cocktail tasted really nice and even the bartender was willing to concoct me his own inventions. I have terrible memory but I've no doubt when I go back there again he should remember :) as he did when I came back the next week. The staff were a delight and I had fun making jokes and conversation. The bar manager and his staff seem to have a great working relationship as when I was there they were even exchanging gifts from someone's most recent holiday! I didn't think I can find a stylish bar with reasonably priced and delicious cocktails that has a local vibe where the staff will remember you.

Think I'll have to host a joint stag/hen do here as the setting is great and my guests would certainly enjoy it!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Cocktails”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently visited this bar for my friends engagement drinks. When you arrive you walk down these narrow steps and come to the basement bar, its nciely decorated, very dark downstairs but this sets the mood.
Unfortunately the bar is at the basement of an indian restaurant, so for some reason on this occasion we had cooking fumes coming down and making us all cough, maybe this was a one off.
The space is good, cocktail menu is vast, but ques at bar were very long, music was awesome, would definitely go back for an adhoc drink.