“so accommodating”
Review of Zengi Restaurant.

Zengi Restaurant.
Ranked #2,325 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Whitechapel
Description: A cosy hideaway in Shoreditch, fusing eclectic flavours from across the Middle East with unique dishes brought to you from our Arabian kitchen. What better way to continue your journey with us but by enjoying shisha in our outside heated area and indoor E-shisha basement.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

i had a lovely experience eating at zengi i ended up there with two very fussy eaters after a previous restaurant couldn't Carter to the fact one of our party was allergic to corn wheat.
zengi we very accommodating to this and went through the menu to tell that person what they could eat and another member of the party didn't like spicy food he was equally accommodating to her. i cant speak highly enough of the service at this restaurant. also the atmosphere was lovely in the restaurant and the food wes very yummy and i cant wait to go back and try something else on the menu.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

When you’re asked: ‘Where are you dining tonight?’ ‘Aldgate East’ doesn’t usually trip from the tongue.
It should! This excellent restaurant is worth travelling out from the centre for.
I came upon Zengi by chance. Walking up Commercial Street to the entrance to Petticoat Lane Market there it was. The menu looked interesting and the ‘Time Out’ reviews displayed in the window seemed encouraging. On entering the friendly waiter immediately showed me to a table for one despite the restaurant being busy.
I am not familiar with Lebanese/Turkish cuisine so asked for help. ‘You’d better start with the ‘safe’ menu’ said the waiter. Green olives in a chilli sauce whetted the appetite for the cold aubergine dip and flat bread which followed. The main course of spiced ground lamb kebabs served on a bed of rice, yogurt and salad was a perfect following act. Baklava and Turkish coffee completed this very reasonably-priced meal.
I was seriously impressed with this venue. The restaurant itself was comfortable and the enthusiastic clientele gave it an excellent ambience. Service was quick, attentive and efficient.
Extending over 2 floors the restaurant also had an outdoor seating area.
What I ordered was not dissimilar to what I’ve enjoyed formerly in Greek restaurants. I suspect far more exotic dishes are available here but I did agree to the ‘safe’ menu. Perhaps next time (and there will definitely be a next time) I’ll order from the ‘risky’ menu!
Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Excellent quality tasty food. Best middle eastern restaurant in London, and I've been to a few! Hits all the right tastebuds :)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Sign outside makes this claim, and it might just be right. Served in something like a warm crepe rather than the usual warmed up pita. Delicate flavours, the chilli sauce is hot. A bargain at 3.50pounds. The mint tea is delicious as well, 3pounds a pot, bit expensive but lovely. Thought the deal might be take away only, but no! Full service, complimentary olives napkins etc. top spot, directly opposite entrance to Petticoat Lane.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had eaten at another restaurant the night before and wanted to try somewhere different. However the cuisine ended up being the same as I found this delightful Turkish restaurant. I had a small mezze and Turkish tea. The food was fabulous and so fresh tasting. I also had the choclate cake which was lovely. I left full and happy with the whole experience. The staff were polite and friendly and there was a buzz to the place even though I ate quite early (7.00). I would go there again next time I am in London on business or otherwise.