“Great venue, let down by food”
Review of Aqua Nueva

Aqua Nueva
Ranked #1,328 of 22,842 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Epitomising destination dining at its very finest, Aqua Nueva sits on top of the former Dickens & Jones department store, opposite the London Palladium. With breathtaking views from the terrace, the restaurant is equally striking inside - a fabulously chic blend of contemporary styles is the setting for acclaimed Spanish cuisine. Tapas delicacies are presented with real artistic flair, and are perfectly matched with a choice of colourful cocktails from the talented mixologists. Aqua Nueva, with its unmatched ambience and flair, has attracted widespread critical acclaim, and attracts celebrity diners regularly.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Great venue, let down by food”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Attended a company event here. Our company has corporate events 2-3 times a year here, but on this occasion was let down by the food.
We had a set menu, choice of 3 items per course.
I ordered lobster and crab ravioli for starters which came in a black gloop. Was told it was squid ink but very off putting. Had lamb cutlets for main and can honestly say they were the fattiest cut of lamb Ive ever eaten, greasy after taste.
Would not recommend for large party or corporate dining. Maybe a one off as our company does use this venue often and this is the first disaster. Maybe better as a personal dining experience. We were also placed at the far end of the restaurant which killed any ambience

• Visited January 2014

Loughton
“Chefs much better than the waiting staff”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I wasn't the only person saying how cool the welcome was, but people equally insulted said the food is good so don't worry.
The food is good. But it is Japanese so useful to know that before you go.
However it is Japanese Japanese, so if you like really good Japanese food you will be well in here., However if you are looking for a Sushi Samba type fusion experience you will be disappointed.
Beautiful room and view.
Lunch time price just about right for a posh restaurant serving good food.
At around £30 per head it was just right any more would have been too much and any less very good value.
I think if you are going to have waiters who speak poor English it is better to keep them quiet or employ ones who do. I am surer I got the wrong end of the menu explanation which i understood better before it was explained.
I guess if the welcome had been warmer so would my review be.
For a central London location well worth a try and good value..

London, United Kingdom
“First Class Evening”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Firstly I am surprised Aqua Nueva is not ranked higher. Recommended by a colleague and we were not disappointed.The Service and Food were first class.We loved the bar and cocktail list.
I dis agree with some reviewers who find it over priced. Its a Chic London restaurant! Our only disappointment was the atmosphere , but we did start early and leave just as the beautiful crowd were getting into full swing. (Saturday 6pm-10pm). We will definitely return.

London, United Kingdom
“Went for drinks”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Met a few friends here for drinks before a meal... Service was great... Atmosphere is very slick... Bar manager was great at suggesting new and different cocktails....
We never ate but the food looked amazing

2 Thank DaljBansal
Hove, United Kingdom
“superb food”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

As a lover of Spanish food I was really looking forward to visiting this place with work but I was also slightly disappointed to find out that we would be having a set lunch with choices limited to 3 dishes per course.
I needn't have worried as this must go down as one of, if not the most, delicious Spanish meals I have ever had.
I've got no idea how much it cost and I don't care as food of this quality will have me returning many times in the future.
What a find !!