“Oh dear.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Nueva

Aqua Nueva
Ranked #1,724 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Epitomising destination dining at its very finest, Aqua Nueva sits on top of the former Dickens & Jones department store, opposite the London Palladium. With breathtaking views from the terrace, the restaurant is equally striking inside - a fabulously chic blend of contemporary styles is the setting for acclaimed Spanish cuisine. Tapas delicacies are presented with real artistic flair, and are perfectly matched with a choice of colourful cocktails from the talented mixologists. Aqua Nueva, with its unmatched ambience and flair, has attracted widespread critical acclaim, and attracts celebrity diners regularly.
UK
“Oh dear.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are a large group looking for a trendy spot to have a few drinks and not too bothered about quality, this is for you. It should have been so good. We went highly recommended and enjoyed a drink overlooking Regent St with an amazing sunset. It all boded so well. From there it was downhill all night. The table we had reserved was not ready, so we waited. Once we ordered they then served our starters within minutes. The waiter took away my starter plate as I was still eating and then immediately put down the mains. And then the lights went down - apparently this is automatic at 9.30. Couldn't see a thing. The wine bottle was taken away and never topped up - we had to retrieve it. We'd had enough, given we'd waited and then been served an expensive meal in under half an hour, and got the bill. And then it started - power surge meant tills were down and no one could pay or leave. A bizarre evening - when we wanted to relax they rushed us, and when we wanted to leave we were stuck. On leaving the receptionist team were arguing about how many people were being let in. Given the logistical chaos we suffered, we will certainly not return. The food, by the way, was fine. Not great but fine. And long forgotten.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank NickW067067

London
“Lovely venue, Friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went last night for a drink after work. Sun was shining, Wine was delicious. And staff were super nice and helpful (especially Fernando!) Definitely worth visiting.

London, United Kingdom
“I hope no one else has the same experience as I did...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was really looking forward to coming to Aqua Nueva for my birthday: I had previously come here with my parents and couldn't wait to show this place to my friends.
Upon first impressions, the restaurant had a buzzing atmosphere and the staff were polite and friendly. The decor is really striking and it was lovely to have a view of London.

The cocktails were expensive and although that is expected at a London restaurant, my poor friend's drink was a glass full of ice with some mojito filling the gaps.
We had tapas for starters which were nice - the scallops were absolutely delicious.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the waitress really pushed us to get side orders - we did order them, but they weren't served with our main meal. We asked for them again: they never came.

The glazed ox cheek with mash and peppers was disappointing as the sauce was boring and lacked any real flavour.

For dessert, I had the 'textures of chocolate' which was delicious - luckily for me, I did not order the mango and basil cannelloni. It looked cool: it tasted disgusting. That is both my opinion, everyone on my table's and even the waitress said that she 'didn't like it very much!'

When we booked our table, they suggested having a candle and birthday message with my dessert - we liked the idea, we requested this and even confirmed it over the phone. It never happened.

Regarding the failed birthday arrangements, we sent an email complaint - no apology, no reply.

If you want to come for the fun atmosphere and gorgeous interiors - you will love it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

3 Thank Wyas
“Overpriced and pushy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night. Absolutely no vegetarian main courses whatsoever and no enthusiasm or offer to 'knock something up' for me. I chose a cannelloni tapas as a main as no other option except one other veggie tapas that I really didn't fancy. I asked if they could take the meat out of one of the veggie sides to bulk up my meal but they 'couldn't. The very pushy waiter kept suggesting I have mash with my pasta to which I politely declined (four times.) mash with pasta - really?!
My cold cannelloni then turned up - two mouthfuls of not so great food and I was done. Again more pushing to have coffee tequila etc.
Huge bill for small food and an offensive 12.5% 'discretionary' gratuity that I only adhered to because one of my friends didn't want to make a scene. Hmmmm never again I'd say!

2 Thank Alistorey
London, United Kingdom
“Good find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Double bubble here, great Spanish, Delicious food but a little small don't expect to be stuffed on departure. Had the Ox cheek which was perfect Super choices on the Tapas menu. Lovely terrace for cocktails overlooking London. On the opposite side is the Kyoto Japanese, very busy.
Staff very attentive and a good atmosphere.......