“Reliving our youth!”

O'Neill's - Kings Cross
Ranked #841 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A lively pub drumming up all the traditions and customs of a traditional Irish watering hole, O'Neill's King's Cross offers a relaxed ambience, classic hospitality and a seasonally changing menu. As well as a host of favourite Irish ales behind the bar, traditional recipes and a sterling Sunday roast, guests can enjoy regular live music performances late into the evening.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Reliving our youth!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My friend and I used to work here in the late 80's when this was a Drummonds pub. So much has changed! The pub has been completely refurbished and is a modern Irish pub with great food. Downstairs it is quite noisy with loud music, upstairs is quieter with it's own little bar. I was there with my two children 6 and 9 and they enjoyed their food, fish and chips and a serving of mussels. I had the Irish Stew which I have to say is nothing like real Irish Stew! But that's not a bad thing!!! The soda bread is delicious. We had great service from the staff. I would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vernon, Texas
“Great Pub Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Of course, we couldn't end our trip to London without ordering Fish and Chips in a London pub. We were staying at Alhambra Hotel and asked where to find good Fish and Chips, and they said "O'Neill's" with no hesitation. It was a very short walk from the hotel and from King's Cross station. There is both a downstairs and an upstairs - we chose the upstairs as a quieter place for our meal. We ordered the fish and chips and gin and tonic and both were fantastic. Even though we were dead set on getting our fish and chips, we were sad not to be able to try the rest of the menu which had many intriguing options. I would highly suggest O'Neill's for either the cliché fish and chips experience, or just a very nice restaurant for a night on the town.

• Visited December 2013
County Armagh, United Kingdom
“friendly,good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

good food very reasonably priced,varied selection and efficient staff
felt comfortable as a single female

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Traditional and live music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Close to King's Cross station, this is a "traditional and good" Irish pub. There are two floors, the first is a sort of restaurant, the basement is the classic pub.

Huge variety of Beers, crowd people and live music during the week end. Enjoyable.

• Visited February 2014
“Not a safe place unfortunately. Watch your stuff constantly...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I used to like O'Neill's a lot but this place is just not safe. You can't relax and enjoy a drink with your friends. I've been there twice - first time I got my wallet stolen from inside my purse. Staff didn't even care about it (not that I expected much, but showing some sympathy wouldn't hurt and would have made me feel better about losing all my cards and money). Second time I visited it (yes, I gave it a second chance) my hat magically disappeared. Once again staff didn't care all... well lesson learnt. Better stay away.

• Visited July 2013